Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone's routine is. Does your chi(s) and other dog(s) run loose during the night, sleep in bed with you, or do you crate them every night?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
They all sleep in the bed ninja is half hairless and freezes do easily will not wear clothes he loves being under te covers on my legs and baby either sleeps on my pillow beside my head or on my back lol

Prada and beau don't live with us but try sleep with their dad in his bed

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
ALL 3 in our bed! Why wouldn't they? Big, fluffy down filled duvets, fleece blanket and flannel sheets. I am kind of a cozy/spa bedding freak!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Spacely sleeps in a crate right by my bed, with a fleece blanket and a baby blanket. He usually snoozes for about an hour with me, under the covers and then I move him to his crate when the lights go out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! I love that your chis are spoiled!
Herc sleeps in the bed with my 9 yr old daughter. Gunner started off in the bed with me and hubby from day 1. I crated him the first night home and totally caved to the whining. Besides, the whole point of getting another chi was to get another bed partner! My husband works one month at a time away from home. He's not loving Gunner in the bed with us though. So it looks like he's gonna have to be crated for a month and sleep with mama for a month. I've been crating him for the past week and he's actually done really well. Only a bit of whining and scratching at first and then he settles down til about 7 am.
I miss having the lil guy in the bed with me though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Daisy has her bed on my bed, which she sleeps in. Sometimes she curls up beside my legs though and I don't want to move her because she's sound asleep.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Right now, my two little ones are sleeping in a crate together - but only because we have a new 3 month old pup that needs a sleeping partner and can't be trusted running loose in the house. Prior to the pup, Gracie slept in the bed with us, under the covers, right between us. Once the pup is trustworthy, they'll both return to the bed.

Pedro sleeps in his comfy chair in the corner of the bedroom - with his favourite blankie. He always tries sleeping with us, but it doesn't last long - as soon as one of us turns over, he growls and goes to his chair...Kinda grumpy, he is!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Gandalf sleeps between us, under the covers. He has since he mastered the potty training. Tinkerbelle sleeps in her crate right next to the bed. We are still working on getting stronger bladder muscles. Origionally I kept her by me so I could put my fingers in the crate to let her know I was close. But she has never whined one time. She has her blankie and a toy in her crate. She is 8 months old and she barked for the first time last weekend. She has not barked since. Gandalf makes up for it. He does not understand the man across the street is allowed to get in his car. Gandalf is up in the window letting me know he is leaving. LOL I would be lost without my boy snuggled up to me. I think he is my blankie. LOL

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
The rescue Chis and resident Chis all sleep in big crates in the Chi room. I like them forming a pack with one another. Peanut, my spoiled Diva, sleeps with me. She also has a crate in the bedroom, which she stays in when I exercise in the morning--if she were to jump out of my high bed, she would get hurt. Peanut is a huge bed hog.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mine slept in a crate together since I got them, until around 7 months old when they got spayed. During recovery, I didn't want them getting into each other's stitches, and I didn't want them being separated... so they slept with us. After I found they didn't get into everything in the middle of the night and that they actually slept with us the whole time.. it just stayed that way. Both have slept with us ever since... :)

We have a low platform bed, prolly about 16 inches from the floor to the top of the mattress. We also have homemade pet stairs they can use to get up and down. So I am not worried about them getting on or off of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ChiChi, my spoiled diva girl sleeps with me and my Shetland Sheepdog, Aonghus, while Rico and Napoleon sleep together in the living room or with my daughter. Miss ChiChi likes to sleep curled up by my knees or by my stomach and she has been a wonderful heating pad since I had surgery earlier this month!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Right now the chi puppy sleeps in a crate next to our bed (cause she is still being housetrained) and our bigger dog sleeps in his own dog bed in our bedroom. He slept in a crate for 6 months when we first got him.

We have a no dogs in the bed rule. I can barely stand my husband in bed, much less a pile of dogs! LOL.

Once the little one is not a puppy anymore she will get her own dog bed too!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Both of mine sleep in the bed. Lion sleeps curled up under the covers and Penny sleeps on a pillow. Lion won't jump off the bed, but Penny will if she needs to get down. They both wake me up in the AM when it is time for breakfast! I don't even need an alarm clock :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sparkles sleeps in the bed with me since night one. Chanel sleeps right with my 9 year old grandson for the last two months and he is ever so loving and responsible.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Bailey has always slept with Hubby and I in our bed. She's usually under the covers but sometimes sticks her head out when she's too hot. I wake up to her licking my face lol.:eek:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Both of mine sleep in the bed. Lion sleeps curled up under the covers and Penny sleeps on a pillow. Lion won't jump off the bed, but Penny will if she needs to get down. They both wake me up in the AM when it is time for breakfast! I don't even need an alarm clock :)
Gunner is my alarm too! 7 am every morning (especially if he's in his crate). But it's not too eat, it's to pee and poo outside.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bailey has always slept with Hubby and I in our bed. She's usually under the covers but sometimes sticks her head out when she's too hot. I wake up to her licking my face lol.:eek:
I get so tickled when I see Gunner's head on my husband's pillow and his body under the covers.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Matilda sleeps with hubby & I. Occasionally Mari & Lulu do as well. Everyone else sleeps happily in their own crates. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts