Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm asking tons of questions (and I haven't even gotten my baby yet!) but I was wondering where your babies sleep. I'd love to have my girl sleep in the bed with me, but I don't know if that's okay or not. She'll be 9 or 10 weeks old when I get her (can't remember which), so what would be a good age to let her sleep with me and if not, where can I put her?

Thanks in advance!
:)

·
Registered
889 Posts
when we first got zoey, she slept in her crate at night (with MUCH protesting)

now that she's bigger (and i do mean lots bigger, she's 8lbs), she sleeps in the bed, under the covers! :lol:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
at first i did the crate thing with tyson too...then by the time he actually was adjusted and didnt mind sleeping in there he some how ended up sleeping iwth me at night haha he still does to this day..under the covers of course (chis are half moles) and he has to be touching me. if i move away from him hell com crawling back over. chloe doesnt sleep with me...occasionally she does but usally not through the whole night. shell get up and go back to her crate which has her favorite pillow. just beware of accidents (ive had a few wet spots in my bed!)! lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i tried to gate chico in a big closet in our room when we first got him. he had his food/water, toys and a small bed and blanket in there. he went to sleep fine, but was up at 5:30 every morning whining so we'd bring him into the bed with us. Eventually he spent less and less time in his little room at ngiht and more time in our bed...now he just sleeps in the bed with us every night either curled up between us or under the covers curled up next to me.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hershey first slepted in her crate put inside a play pen. Then she slepted in her crate locked at night. now she sleeps in her doggie bed. She is such a good girl she doesn't even get up unless I am up. Not even if my boyfriend is up and about.

·
Registered
448 Posts
When I first got my chi Tyson I told myself that I was going to start with him sleep in his crate for the first few weeks until he got older. But then the first night I got him off the plane and went to go home to go bed he was just too small and adorable to make sleep alone in his crate so he has slept with me every night since ive got him. Ive sneaked him into countless hotel rooms at all times of the day by putting him in one of my suitcases and wheeled him right past the front desk. The thing is when he's in a hotel suite with me he doesnt make a sound the whole time he's there, its almost like he knows he cant make any noise.

·
Registered
897 Posts
When I first got Angel, she slept in her crate that I kept near me. She did just fine until one night, I fell asleep on the couch with her. From that point on, she has slept with me. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Friday has 3 beds. She has a pink oval bed in the bedroom, another makeshift bed in the bedroom made of some large pillows and two huge blankets, and a smaller makeshift bed in the bathroom. I put those blankets there for her to play, but she decided she likes to sleep there instead. She has slept with me a couple of times in my bed, but usually she is too hyper for that.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Taco has been in bed with me since the day I got him. He sleeps under the covers behind my knees. Same routine every night. He even tells me when it time to go to bed.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Britney sleeps with me!! I always say how half the bed is mine and the other half is hers...and she ALWAYS wants to lay on MY half (maybe cause my big butt makes the warm spot where she likes sleeping!)

·
Registered
106 Posts
sleeping arrangments

Well I tried the crate thing too ! :cry: Smidgen cried and cried, I couldn't take it, wasn't getting any sleep. Both her and Chassis sleep with us. They know to just go under the comforter and not under the sheets. We have never rolled on them, or they have never fallen off. They do like to hog the bed, or be right next to one of us.. We wouldn't have it any other way... I met a lady and her husband, they had about 20 Chi's, They both had seperate rooms, and each one had about 10 chi's in bed with them..
That to me is a little more then I could take..
Beth, Smidgen & Chassis

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Cooper slept in his crate for about 3 nights after we got him. Then he moved to a dogbed beside our bed, the night after that, he was in our bed. hehe. Little devil! He loves it under the covers at my feet! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sonny sleeps in his crate next to his bed. I strongly believe in crate training, because after three months of having Sonny and crating him at night and periodically during the day, he is very good about it. He loves his crate, and often plays in it during the day when we put it out and leave the door open. Sometimes if he's had a long day in the kennel, we let him sleep in our bed...which is does sleeping as far under the covers as you will let him and stretched out right next to your back or legs.
He's such a little lazy guy in the morning though! He's the last one out of bed!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Harley my older Chi has always slept with my son. He has his own bed next to my son and also has his crate. He chooses where he sleeps.

Rosie has a playpen with her favorite bed in it. I also keep her food and water in there because of my other dogs (her food is always better than theirs). She is so tiny that we don't trust her in bed with anyone. She will lay on the couch with me when I take a nap or watch a movie, but that is as close as we come to letting her sleep with anyone. Rosie loves her playpen. She will whine and jump up on it when she wants to sleep.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts