Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does he/she sleep with you or his/her own bed? How about just napping? I'm thinking about trying to make those puppy sacks..where the inside is fleece and the outside is cotton. Not for Paris to sleep in at night...but for during the day.. and to put in her carrier when we are in the car, etc.. Do any of you have one, and if so, does your Chi like it? I already have 1 round dog pillow bed for her.

Do any of you kennel your dog at night? If so, how does that work?

Thanks. :wave:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Nikki :) ,
My little boy is crated at night with his lovely velvet bed inside in the kitchen, and our daschund sleeps right outside it in her bed! Its very sweet.

He does not need to be crated, but he just wants to be! he was born and spent the first 11 weeks of his life in a crate with his brothers, and it is just where he feels secure :) During the day, he never goes in there unless he wants to eat his treats without our other dog stealing them!, but at night, if we do not lock it, he howls until you actually bolt the door!, he is a strange one alright, but during the day, he sleeps on the sofa.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
mine are with us all the time except bedtime they stay together downstairs and can sleep on the sofas or in their big fluffly basket :wave:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Most of the time mine sleep in their crates, but that's until around 7 am when they will wake me up to go to the toilet. After that, they will come to bed with me. Once a week they will sleep with us in the bed...(well, I have to confess I try to do it more than once a week) The only reason why they sleep in their crates is cus when I travel I like bringing them with me, and I don't want them to think of their crater as a cold and strange place.
For naps, they always sleep with me (on top of me) ...their bed, or my bed...

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Crated at night and can be anywhere from my bed, to one of the THREE sleeping areas during the day which has nice beds with blankies :) .

Bindi last week slept under the nightstand on the cold hard floor, she is a wacker. :roll:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: At night they sleep with me...during the day if is not on top of me then is in the laundry area, on the bed by themselves, the sofa..and the spots go on..lol..they have a bed too. :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
chico naps during the day usually in this orange hammock type chair we have, or curled up under the computer desk near mine or my hubby's feet. he always sleeps in the bed with us at night. our bedroom is his territory, he hates it when the kitties are in there...lol.

we tried crating him when he was a pup. i made a little room for him in one of my bedroom closets with a blanket, his food and water and his toys. he would cry for a few minutes at first, them go right to sleep. but he would be up every morning at 6 am like clockwork crying and whining, so eventually he just started sleeping with us every night in the bed.

Vala: That is the cutest little bed i've ever seen! my husband saw the picture and he was like "oh great, now you're gonna want one of those." lol. and yup, i do! :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
She sleeps with my oldest son most of the time she has the bottom half of her crate in the living room for naps during the day but lately she is learning how to get up on the furniture so she sleeps on my easy chair but she cant get down so then she whines. she also loves tio sleep behind anyones neck while watching tv. 8)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Lily's at daycare all day but on weekends we both nap on the couch. At night she has her small round bed right next to my pillow. I wake up 100 times a night to make sure she's properly tucked in. Every now and then she'll hear a noise and come over to my pillow and curl herself around my head. I don't think I could sleep without her sweet little self next to me or behind me. :)

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
nikki&paris said:
Does he/she sleep with you or his/her own bed? How about just napping? I'm thinking about trying to make those puppy sacks..where the inside is fleece and the outside is cotton. Not for Paris to sleep in at night...but for during the day.. and to put in her carrier when we are in the car, etc.. Do any of you have one, and if so, does your Chi like it? I already have 1 round dog pillow bed for her.

Do any of you kennel your dog at night? If so, how does that work?

Thanks. :wave:
....My Fynn sleeps in her snuggle bag overnight on our bed she loves it,then in morning she will go in the travel cot. Sully sleeps in the travel cot and Rosie sleeps on her armchair in the lounge :)

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
My lad sleeps with us ALL night , never moves and doesn't even
get up when I do ( lazy boy LOL )

in the day time he sleeps in an arm chair or on our bed ...

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Britney's naps can be spent on my side of the bed,in the living room on either of the couches,or in my bro's room.

at night, she's with me or with my brother..but that only happens on some occassions when she's SO happy that his b/f is here.

:D

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
at bedtime either in the kitchen or in our bed. i have a corner spot in the kitchen that has comforters and I had gotten some Foam and made a big bed. there is also a bottom part of a carrier I padded with foam and a flannel material. Sturgis and Lady sleep in that by thier choice. Daytona sleeps on the larger one. During the day in the livng room on the sofa. Daytona also unless he decides to wander off and go in my bed. but thier basic night time bedtime is in the kitchen here in NY or florida room In FL

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
Vala: That is the cutest little bed i've ever seen! my husband saw the picture and he was like "oh great, now you're gonna want one of those." lol. and yup, i do! :D
:D LOL, tell him this one won't cost much...$40 bucks at IKEA will do! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts