Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried and tried to get some clothes to fit LeStat over the last few months and failed miserably.

I tried on an xxs england t-shirt and he happily climbed through the neck of it!
It was tiny.

Where in the UK can I find something that will fit LeStat, who now weighs between 2lb 8ozs and 2lb 15ozs, he is 8 inches long, 5 inches tall and his neck measures 4.5 inches around!
I've not measured his chest but it'sprbably about 7-8 inches.

If anyone knows where I can find some I'd be grateful for the website or shop name.

·
Registered
55 Posts
A lot of people make their dogs clothes when they can't find any. I have heard of and know quite a few people with dogs as small as yours or smaller. They either don't wear clothes, or cut up socks and the like to put on them. Some people crochet or knit them clothes. I have seen some tiny dogs with store bought clothes but I have never asked them wear they got it. You can also buy the smallest clothes you find anywhere and alter it.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
(Variation on clothes from socks
By MiniGrace ) There's some pics i put on this thread of Dottie in a coat i made from a bed sock (she's 2lb 2 oz)also a video on how to do it.Pets at home do small ones also ferret harnesses for tiny chis,that is the only one that would fit her.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can find plenty of tiny tiny clothes on eBay.
There are sellers in Hong Kong who do particularly tiny clothes.
There are sellers on there who also make clothes to your chi's size.

Petzcrazee sell some tiny clothes. I bought Daisy a harness from there when she was tiny. Their clothes are expensive though.

As PrincessCupcake and Michelle said, you could also try a sock until your chi is bigger, just cut out legs and a head hole.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(Variation on clothes from socks
By MiniGrace ) There's some pics i put on this thread of Dottie in a coat i made from a bed sock (she's 2lb 2 oz)also a video on how to do it.Pets at home do small ones also ferret harnesses for tiny chis,that is the only one that would fit her.
I've been to pets at home and they have nothing at all that will fit him. I use a ferret harness for him already and had no problem finding that as I have ferrets already.

You can find plenty of tiny tiny clothes on eBay.
There are sellers in Hong Kong who do particularly tiny clothes.
There are sellers on there who also make clothes to your chi's size.

Petzcrazee sell some tiny clothes. I bought Daisy a harness from there when she was tiny. Their clothes are expensive though.

As PrincessCupcake and Michelle said, you could also try a sock until your chi is bigger, just cut out legs and a head hole.
He won't be getting any bigger...he's almost 18 months so fully grown now.

I've looked at most of the ones on ebay and if I go by their size guide they are going to be too big for him. Unless their xxxs, which they don't do many of, is smaller than it says even that won't fit him.
I have thought about ordering one and just hoping though!
I hadn't thought of using a sock but I'd rather have something that looks nice really.

I get mine from Divadogs :). x
Is that a UK site?
If not it's usually silly money to have things posted from the US. I'll go have a look though.

I think I'm going to have to buy something too big and either adapt it or use ti mae a pattern for a smaller one.
I have a brand new sewing machine but I don't know how to use it....!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked on divadogs ad the only size that 'should' fit him is the xs.
I'm going to order one when there's a sensibly priced one in stock to see what the sizig is like.
I'm going to see what the sizing is lie on the ebay ones as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I'll take a look at those as well.

The thing is that all the xxs clothes that I have seen/tried/bought are far too big for him.
I've even tried an xxxs jumper and he climbed through the neck of it.

Divadogs have xxxs and one of the 'sizings' should fit him so I'm going to buy one in the hope it will, the other xxxs 'sizing' range they have will be too big, pity it's only the damned expensive ones that look as though they'll fit!

Failing that I'm almost resigned ito buying some kids sports socks and him looking silly!
I've tried with one of John's socks and he can get out of them as the 'cuffs' are so big.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at that but thought if I had the time I could probably mae clothes for him just as good myself, I dont' have the time however at the moment with hospital visits etc!

I've ordered a little plaid jacket for him from the USA on ebay so hopefully that won't take too long to come and will fit him.
I ordered the xxxs as the measurements on that one seemed right for him so I'm also hoping the measurements are correct, if not I'll order the xxs, someone else can have the teeny tiny one for a puppy!

If this one fits him I'm going to order him a few different jumpers, pj's and sweatshirts as they have a few and they aren't too expensive either.
Until then I've resorted to a 'sock shirt' for him.....it loos tacky but it keeps him warm at night.

Thankyou everyone for the links etc.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pics of LeStat in his tacky sock shirt.

The only way to get a pic of him is with Saxon as he hates the camera and runs for cover every time he sees it....:laughing3:

Peek-a-boo...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well LeStats little coat came the other day.

It's an xxxs from ebay and it fits great........the only thing is my jrt puppy Peppa Pig keeps taking it off him!
She pulls the hood so he can back his way out of it......I'm sure they worked that one out between themselves!
They left it outside under some bags last night.
I've tried to get pics of him with it on but he's camera shy and runs for the hills every time he sees the camera. I'll get them eventually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts