Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pixel is in for spaying Monday (eeeeek! I'm having nightmares)

I want to get her a collar to stop her getting to her stitches, can anyone advise of a good one you have used sucessfully and was kind to wear?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I used baby onsies when Mia had her spay. I just cut a hole for her tail:cool: When Addy had her spay....I didnt use anything. Their sutures were wire so they couldnt pull them out.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That wasn't necessary when my three were spayed/neutered. They didn't bother their stitches. Yours might not either. Yes, mine were puppies (6 months) when they were spayed/neutered.

If you do find it to be necessary, I read somewhere that you can roll up a washcloth and just pin it around their neck. I could see that working and I can't imagine how it could be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Only Reggie needed a collar but that was because his incision got infected. The rest just left them alone. The one I used on Reggie was the one the vet gave me, which he hated and acted like he was paralyzed the whole time it was on, but it did keep him from his stitches.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I used a babygrow,cut the legs and arms off put the popper side up so it's along her back worked fine,poundshop ??????

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My baby is being spayed tomorrow (absolutly dreading it ) and i've bought a couple of baby vests with the poppers underneath. I'v tried them on her and she seems quite comfortable in them so hopefully they'l work, good luck, I know exactly how you feel I just want tomorrow over with and her safe at home.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My baby is being spayed tomorrow (absolutly dreading it ) and i've bought a couple of baby vests with the poppers underneath. I'v tried them on her and she seems quite comfortable in them so hopefully they'l work, good luck, I know exactly how you feel I just want tomorrow over with and her safe at home.
Lisa I'm with you - it's been something that's been keeping me awake for a loooong time. I'm so worried, it's a hysterectomy after all.

I think i'm going to go down that route too then. I am guessing newborn is the size we need?

Lisa best of luck for tomorrow, I will be waiting to hear how it goes and will have fingers and toes crossed you hear the good news that's she's doing great VERY quickly!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
thanks so much for your good wishes, i'l let you know tomorrow how we've got on, i bought the tiny baby size vests from asda.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I say go with a baby onsie or something like that! Roxy liked that best. :) She HATED the cone... she either wouldn't move at all, or she'd roll around all crazy trying to get it off. Heheh.

·
Registered
74 Posts

this is the cone the vets office supplied us with ...the vet said you would be surprised how quickly they get used to it and dont even know its there and its true i kept on mostly the first few days when the stitches were really fresh than I would take it off when i was home with her but always kept my eye on her! I think its better to be safe than sorry when it comes to wearing cones after surgery you dont want the stitches to be ripped out & than you have a big mess on your hands

1 - 12 of 12 Posts