Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dog Whisper or It's Me or The Dog which one do you like best? I like them both but I like Ceaser best. How bout you?

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Cesar for me also.... I met him and attended his seminar in Washington, DC.... he is a very nice person and I like his 'pack' method....

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like Dog whisperer better, I totally believe in the pack mentality and its importance for dogs.

I like Victoria Stillwell's It's me or the dog most of what she does has the desired effect, and she does well in training the human- which is usually the one causing the problmen not the dog, but she has made a few fundamental errors that I noticed, mainly in the diet department, I think she needs to refresh her knowledge of nutrition abit. One family previously had a dog which had died of cancer- they suspected it was because of the crap in dog food (spot on probably). So for their current dog they prepared it a home made diet of mince, rice and vegetables, (not quite Raw but better than commercial food IMO). Victoria told them they were being stupid and made them start feeding some awful sloppy dog chow out of a can to their dog, I thought that was extremely small minded.

Also there was one shown in the UK last week where a women gave her 5 german spitz's tea, (like a cup of English breakfast tea) every day, Victoria said this was silly behaviour but failed to point out to the woman that tea is highly poisionus, as it contains Theobromine, the posionous substance in chocolate.

One thing Iam glad to see is Victoria Stillwell promotes spaying and neutering, and the importance of 3 times daily excercise for a healthy minded dog.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I like the Dog Whisperer best...I just feel like we 'miss' alot of the actual training. I'd love to watch him work with a dog from start to finish, in it's entirety.

I think he's great! In fact, we watched an episode Friday night where he was working with a spoiled Chi who was attacking everything that moved.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love Cesar. I know some don't like his methodology especially when he gets a little physical with the dogs. But I think he makes sense. I used to have a yellow lab that made "Marley" (from Marley and Me) look like an angel. Zoe was an awesome dog but so strong-willed and I found a trainer that reminds me a lot of Cesar. He treated dogs like dogs and it did wonders for her.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I much prefer Victoria Stillwell, her methods of training really helped me establish Gretel's even tempered personality.

edit- It's not that I don't like Cesar, I just find Victoria's training more straight forward and more effective for me to carry out.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far Cesar rules.
I enjoy both shows but I put alot of Cesar practices in to effect. It has worked really well with Chloe being aggressive with my crestie pup and Sassy.
Woo-Hoo go Cesar. lol

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I like Victoria more by a long shot!!!!!! I am not real keen on Cesar ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts