Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok when I go back to work in a few weeks I will have to leave Zola alone. He sleeps fine in his baby pen at night but then wakes up in the morning so I was thinking should I keep him in my kitchen so he has more room to run about during the day and just everything he needs in there or should I just stick to the baby pen. I just though maybe it would be a long time if he sleeps in it at night then not long after hes put there again. The kitchen might let him know he doesnt have to just sleep?

I really dunno, let me know what you all think

Thanks
*vicky*

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i wouldn't put him in the pen again :cry: i think the kitchen is a good idea !!!
i'm not fond of crating a chi in the first place.......although i understand some chi's like it and there is no other option ......
but i would definitely not put him in the crate again for the day ....!!
the kitchen is a good confined place , you can put the pen in there...so if he wants to sleep he can go in there :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i would follow luv4mygirls's advice !! :wave:

it's so cute that he sleeps in a baby pen :D tiny chi's ARE like baby's :wink:
don't you have pics of it?

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
paint my world said:
I;m thinking kitchen now. Only thing I would be worried about is the wooden floors. Even with the heating on all the time there inda cold for him, cuz hes so wee. I dont have any pics of the pen but will try and get some.

*vicky*
make sure his bed has some warm blankets he could cuddle up with if he gets cold. trust me if he is cold he will go for the blankies. i couldn't find chiwi one day and searched for oh a good 10 minutes (freakin out ready to call in the marines!!!) well it was a little chilly and i forgot to shut the window so she must have gotten chilly and snuggled deep into my blankets ont he bed. she was in such a warm, comfortable state that she didn't wake up when i was calling her name, finally she heard me and came crawling out like what? i'm right here duh.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I'd go with the kitchen as well. When Zeus was under 1 years old and I had to go out, or couldn't watch him (my daughter was 2 then), he got put in the kitchen. I had baby gates at both entrances, his food/water, toys and bed. It really got to be his safe-haven. If I was going out, I would put some soothing music on for him like Enya so he wasn't in complete silence.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
already god a heat disc pad. Zola doesnt like it much he just tries to scratch at it. Even if it is in a padded cushion. There is a heater in my kitchen that he likes to sit next to tho and ill be sure to put loads of blankies in there to for him to. Im sure he'll be just fine, Im just a worrier

*vicky*

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Another thing that would worry me about being able to run free while you are out is are there any electric cables in the kitchen that he could get to and chew, ie washing machine,cooker ignition cable, or small space that he might be nosey at and get stuck in.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a farely new kitchen we have so everything is nicely in place. Cables for the dishwasher and washing machine are tucked away. Not even I could get to them without moving the aplinaces first. As for any other cables they are all well above the work tops. Only thing in there is a bin and a table and chair set which are all made of hard metal so cannot get much chewing out of that

*vicky*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts