Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have read another thread that says that a dog shoud not touch ground until 20 weeks ( 6 mnths )

So i had a look online and there is alot of confliction between peoples views. What do you think is the best age???

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think after all shots are given.. which my vet says is after 5 months. But that's just me. I would really love to have Dixie go out for walks. :wave:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
How come all my four books I have on dog training say that it's ok after the last set of injections??? Surely those books aren't wrong.

I was told that 10 days after the last set of injections (10 weeks for the UK), they are totally safe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
nonababe said:
How come all my four books I have on dog training say that it's ok after the last set of injections??? Surely those books aren't wrong.

I was told that 10 days after the last set of injections (10 weeks for the UK), they are totally safe.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's what I just said, after all shots are given, which in the US is at 5 months. Dixie gets her last set of shots next week when she is 5 months old. But I would go on what your vet says.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Its 14 days after the last shot either 12 weeks or 14 weeks in the UK depending what course of vaccination you use are their are 2 different sorts :wave:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I wasn't saying you were saying that I was wrong, don't worry.
I just find it extremely confusing, and more importantly, worrying that there are different ages in the UK and US! It's really confusing and I worry that my baby is in danger.

Ozzy&Lilysmum - how come it's 12 or 14 weeks where you are? My vet said 8 and 10 weeks :shock:
Do we have good vets up here?!
I'm so confused :lol:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
here in oregon we have shots every month until the last at 20 weeks which is 5 months.

Gadget was 20 weeks when he got his last shots

This is the common practices in the USA 20 weeks. Dont let that pup hit ground until then. Rasta is only aloud in our yard, because I know there is no parvo out there we treat the grass with parvosol every week :?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I got laughed at all the time while I was waiting until he was done getting his shot series... I was told I listen to my vet too much and that al dogs are ment to be on the ground that is where they are born.... I am sorry but mine was not born outside on the ground he was born in the house in a nice con=mfy bed on the couch.... ok yeah I listened to my vet... but I was making sure i didn't do anything to harm the health of Gadget.... no matter what his age is I will do everything in my power to make sure Gadget is not harmed in any way....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
but I was making sure i didn't do anything to harm the health of Gadget.... no matter what his age is I will do everything in my power to make sure Gadget is not harmed in any way....
:thumbup: I say the same thing about my baby

·
Registered
936 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
I got laughed at all the time while I was waiting until he was done getting his shot series... I was told I listen to my vet too much and that al dogs are ment to be on the ground that is where they are born.... I am sorry but mine was not born outside on the ground he was born in the house in a nice con=mfy bed on the couch.... ok yeah I listened to my vet... but I was making sure i didn't do anything to harm the health of Gadget.... no matter what his age is I will do everything in my power to make sure Gadget is not harmed in any way....

Everyone thought I was so uptight about Seiah also. I almost felt ashamed for being so protective, but now I don't care because at least I know that my baby has a better chance of being healthy.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Iona now Ozzy had his shots at 8 weeks and 10 weeks and then he could go out at 12 weeks but there is a cheaper one where you could have it done at 8 weeks and 12 weeks and then go out at 14 weeks :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts