Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does that stage usually stop? Mojo is almost 9 weeks, and is your typical puppy that, cries, whines, and yelps A LOT for all his needs. Also, I have a question about his weight, he is 1lb 10 oz, is that a good weight for his age? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I have 4 13 week old puppies and they still whine and cry, but nearly as much as they did when they were younger. So, hang in there, it will be better soon. A puppy in the wild, when separated from its pack, makes all that noise so mom can find him. He's still trying to find his mom and siblings. And the weight depends on so many things. does he look healthy, have a bit of a pot belly and is rolly polly? Then it is a good weight for him.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It will get better in time! He's still young. We've had our girl for just over a week now and she'll be 12 weeks old in two days, and her crying has significantly lessened since the first few days and nights. She'll cry for about 5 minutes when we put her in her pen at night or in the day, then she gives up and falls asleep.

Just make sure you pay him NO attention at all while he's whining. Don't touch him, talk to him, or even look at him. Completely ignore him. I made the mistake of letting Gemma sleep with me the first morning because she was whining so much in her pen and it made her think whining was going to get my attention for the next few days. She's doing so much better now that we have ignored her when she cries. It's hard because you feel so tough, but it's necessary.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It always seems like it will never end. But they change - continually! Angel, at one year 4 months now, always amazes me! He is also the very first puppy we have ever, ever had, that only cried for 2 nights! And that was for 15 minutes each night! He is still very quiet at night. I get up several times to use the bathroo, the cat plays and goes in and out of the bedroom, and he is still quiet!

All of a sudden one night, you'll realize that it is quiet!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello everyone,

Pebbles is 14 weeks today, she seems to be doing alot of whinning. It appears to be when she is bored or sleepy. The two older dogs and myself are her main playmates, although three of the other family members will give her some play time, but not a lot. The Two of them prefer to hold her. She also just had her second bath since being with us for 5 weeks, but she screamed just as loud as the last time. She ran to her kennel when I put her down. At what age do they usually hit their average weigh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.