Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the story Whiskey is my brothers dog his about 10 or maybe 11.
All my siblings including me work for ether my dad business or the family As in my grandfather business.
And for 2 years now my brother Mo has been traveling a lot for business. So My other Brother H looked after Whiskey when Mo is away.

Now H will be married on the 30th December. So I will be looking after Whiskey from now on. Witch Im happy to do. ;)

Whiskey and Chico are like brothers they get along so well. But My Lily and Whiskey is another thing. When Lily was younger Whiskey didn't bother her just ignored her when she got older he barks at her and my poor Lily gets scared. He doesn't growl at her or nip. Just bark.

What I need is help and advise on how to get them to be friends so all 3 can be in the same room together?

BTW We all live in the same house tell we get married its a saudi thing. lol (men and woman no matter there ages)

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so i decided to bring Whiskey to my sitting room and room. And see how it goes. Chico was the one to bark at him. lol but not long only a few seconds. And Lily is just staring at him. lol

I let Whiskey snif around the room. Yup he marked. lol But his now just sitting in the floor. Im going to see how things goes. ;)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Good luck. I never had too much problem introducing a new chi to the mix. Time will probably help. My old guy only likes two of my other dogs and gumbles and snarls at the others if they disturb him.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol gumbles and snarls is the world i would use for Whiskey.

Chico and him was fighting over a bully stick so I gave Whiskey his own but noooo my boy wants the one with Whiskey so I took it both from them. lol I swear its like there children.

Lily in the other hand surprised me I thought she would be hiding but she was in my bed in her normal place in the end of the bed. I keep getting nerves if Whiskey was staring at her but he didn't do anything. he made one time a sound at her (Not growling but like a sound) I corrected him and he stops.

He was only bothered by chico. Thank god Whiskey loves him because chico is the champ of annoying Lily and Whiskey when they don't feel like playing. lol

I will have him sleep with me tonight I will see how that goes with all 3 in my bed. When I get married im sure my husband well be sleeping in the floor because for sure Im getting 2 more dogs a Chi and a lab. lol

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
I just noticed Lily is a cat. My dogs and cats have a love/chase relationship with the cats. I have two very dog savy cats that ignore the dogs for the most part and four that run from them. Well, if they want to run, they will chase them into my room. Pepper loves to try to play with Rowdy, she lets him jump on her and chew her ears with a "Mom, save me" look. There is a pack mentality when they are able to conner a cat, though. They will start barking at it, but never have hurt one.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just noticed Lily is a cat. My dogs and cats have a love/chase relationship with the cats. I have two very dog savy cats that ignore the dogs for the most part and four that run from them. Well, if they want to run, they will chase them into my room. Pepper loves to try to play with Rowdy, she lets him jump on her and chew her ears with a "Mom, save me" look. There is a pack mentality when they are able to conner a cat, though. They will start barking at it, but never have hurt one.
hehe lol I keep forgetting to add that she is a cat. ;)

My Lily and chico get along so well thank god. When I brought lily home it was the first time chico seen a cat and lily was just a kitten so Im pretty sure lily things she is a dog. I swear one time she growled. lol

There is one night were she keeps waking me up like in a frantic way and I was like what is wrong with her tonight. She wakes me up like clock work every morning but not like this. Than I realized chico was not sleeping with me. I was out late at night with friends and came home and crashed on the bed. Chico was sleeping with Whiskey in the laundry room. Its were I put his other bed when Im at work.
How amazing is that Lily was worried about her Brother. How cute is that.

But With Whiskey its a bit deferent since he knows Lily's a cat and he doesn't like chico plying with her when he is around when its in his territory (laundry room)
But since Whiskey know My room is her territory his being respectful and not bothering her. :D

I heard things like this but never witness it tell today. ;)

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Yeah, there is a truce in my bedroom. The 4 cats that were my mom's live mostly in my bedroom. So, if the dogs want to sleep with me, they know they have to ignore the cats. And they do for the most part. Milo and Noony even used to sleep on the bed with us. But with getting Pepper and Smoke, those two want to play with them and lick their faces, they decided sleeping in the bed on my dresser or under the bed is probably better for their nerves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts