Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whiskey has been pooing what looks like a loogy that is sometime a little pink he isn't acting weird or lethargic at all he is eating and still doing normal poos and peeing normal, I just have notice this weird gummy loogy looking thing sometimes. I'm a little puzzled by it and am going to take him to the vet, but I thought I would ask on here too, to also get some advice. If anyone knows anything about what it might be I would really appreciate any info.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sounds like mucous. Mucous in the stool, sometimes even encasing the stool, is a sign of an irritated digestive tract. The pink is diluted blood. I'd definitely have her looked at.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Try not to panic :) I freaked out the first time there was blood in my Chi's stool...
As Brody's Mom said, a call to the Vet is in order. It could be any number of things,
so best to get it checked out.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Yes, a vet visit would be in order any time there's any indication of blood in the stool. I'd suggest you take a fresh stool sample with you, they'll almost certainly want to do a fecal. Actually, when you call for an appointment, I'm sure they'll ask you to bring one in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts