Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first wanted to say sorry i have been away for so long. i have been on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy and that mean off the computer...but lately i have been getting on more...

I wanted to know if anyone has tried something different than Angel Eye on the tear stain or any other stain on white fur....I have a little boy who is a year old now that he has stains to his four legs..nothing around his eye and he likes to lick him self...I started him back on angel eyes but I wanted to give him something longer than just a few weeks to a month...

Thank you

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I use a shampoo for white dogs from Petsmart. It is a blue shampoo and really makes Zoeys fur sparkle.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I have the whitest male chi I have ever seen, which I credit to his raw diet. There are lots of white chis in the ring, but none as white as him. I also use a topical whitening shampoo for pee stains that he gets when he wears a belly band. This could also be used on legs. It is Dog Shampoo Pet Shampoo Grooming Crystal White Shampoo RazeR that shampoo...you put it on, and you wrap his legs or whatever part you are whitening with saran wrap, and then put him under a heater for 15-20 minutes, it is enzimatic so it actually really helps with stains unlike a lot of other things I've tried. TBH I would never use Angel's eyes past 1-2 months.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have whitening shampoo for him I have used. it works. I just dont like to give my bath every months...I am trying to see if their is something that will work from the inside out...

I have her some using cider vig in the water..what are you thought on this?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a shampoo for white dogs from Petsmart. It is a blue shampoo and really makes Zoeys fur sparkle.

You little Zoey is for sure very white....my little guy is white all over but his legs...I am guessing he curl up and lay with his head in them and lick them

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
What are his stains from? When Zoey was just using pee pads on the floor she had stains on the fur around her bum from squatting to low. Then I got the Ugodog potty system so she is not "sitting" in her pee when she goes, now no more stains there.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
We just started using Bragg's ACV for Zoey's remaining brown staining, in order to get rid of the staining you have to get to the root of the problem, is it something in the diet, is it anxiety, is it allergies etc. Why is he licking his legs? Angel Eyes won't help fur staining like that unless it's due to an infectious cause as that's what angel eyes is a low dose antibiotic.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am not doing it fast i just adding some at a time and going slow....i am hoping this is the problem and it that is true than i found it out...

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
If your old food had beets in it it could very likely have been the cause of the staining, and the grains in the old food could also contribute.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts