Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I add warm water and Nupro to my girl's Ziwipeak. I think it's better for them to have water with their meals since a lot of dogs don't drink as much as they should. Water makes it a lot easier for their bodies to process the food too.

When she was on kibble, I didn't add water because Onyx refused to eat mushy kibble.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I add water to the Ziwipeak. Both of my dogs eat really fast and the water slows them down a bit. I also think it aids in digestion, and when I was feeding them kibble, I added water to that also.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I also add warm water to all foods my dogs eat, including ZiwiPeak. I even add it in the morning to their frozen patties.. I just like to make sure they are getting enough water.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I add Nupro and water to Lulu's AM and PM. Karen, if you see this, do your girls only get Nupro with their evening meals?
Yes, ma'am.

Our stuff is complicated due to miss grumpy tummy and her Holistic Vet and miss anxiety.

Morning is ZP for all.
Hope gets Prozyme and 2 Chinese herbs.
Ruby and Eden get Rescue Remedy.

Night is ZP for all.
Nupro mixed in for all.
Hope gets 1 Chinese herb.

Every other night they get Sardine/Anchovy or Coconut Oil.

I feel like some crazed pet chef!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yes, ma'am.

Our stuff is complicated due to miss grumpy tummy and her Holistic Vet and miss anxiety.

Morning is ZP for all.

Night is ZP for all.
Nupro mixed in for all.

Now I am curious - why do Ruby and Eden get Rescue Remedy?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Yes, ma'am.

Morning is ZP for all.

Night is ZP for all.
Nupro mixed in for all.

Lulu has been on Nupro since June. I believe it is time to cut back. I need to decide if I am going to cut amount in both meals or only feed in one meal. Lulu also gets glucosamine/chondrointin in PM meal and coconut oil 2-3 times a week. I have never heard of Rescue Remedy. I need to look into as Lulu tend to be skiddish/nervous.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I used to add water to ZP but both Chloe and Zoey will grab a mouthfull and carry it to the carpet to eat and it would stain the carpet. And if they didn't eat it all after 2 hours I would have to throw it away. So I don't add water anymore but both of them drink a lot of water. They only get ZP for dinner and Orijen during the day.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I don't add water to ZP. I ask her holistic and she said I don't have to. She eats it just fine and is a water drinker. She eats ZP in Am and canned Weruva in Pm. She is also on supplements for her immune system and her urinary trac and knees.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.