Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the past few days I have been extremely busy getting ready for a Christmas party at my house tonight and working. Well, last night we had Bible study and then when we got home I felt so bad cause the pups were wanting all my attention, which they are sooo used to, and I have just been running and running all week. Anyway, they love snuggling with me on the couch and I haven't even sat on the couch for the past few days. So, last night I stayed up til 2am just snuggling on the couch with them and watching tv....I love my babies!!! Have the Christmas party tonight and then snuggling again with them once everyone leaves. Do you guys ever feel guilty when you are really busy? And would you stay up late to spend time with your chis? BTW, I had to work today....lol. The things we do for our babies!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Yes I do all the time.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, mine taught me a valuable lesson the other day, and your post reminds me of it.

Our daily schedule is pretty much the same, day in - day out, especially so during the work week. I only work 5 - 6 hours in the a.m., and Gracie is in her crate during this time - not old enough to trust loose in the house yet. Pedro has the run of the house. Normally, my afternoons are spent with them, I'm always busy, but I'm here at home with them. Evenings, the two of them pile up on the couch with my husband and myself, and eventually we go upstairs to watch a bit of tv before going to sleep for the night.

I didn't realize how much that routine meant to them until this past Tuesday.

I worked, came home and let them both out to potty, and took off to go shopping with my daughter. I didn't get home until about 6 p.m, and was literally up and about doing laundry, cooking, etc. until 9 p.m. (No couch time with the babies!)

When we go up to bed to watch tv, that's pretty much a free - for - all. Pedro brings his toys to bed and we play with them for an hour or so. I was too tired for that, and we went straight to bed to sleep.

All was well until 3 a.m., when they both decided it was time to wake us up and get the attention they missed out on the day before, before it was time for us to go to work!

They have their little routines, and it's so important in their little world. I felt horribly guilty for throwing them off like that, and swore to my husband that I would NOT do it again.

So, yes, I might be staying up until 2 a.m. to cuddle with my babies!!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Absolutely! The other day we had just gotten home and I was just dropping my husband off and was going to leave again. I had to use the bathroom but didn't because I didn't want to go in and get the kids all excited and then leave again!

Yeah, I feel really bad when we don't spend as much time with them as we usually do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww....yes, they do have their own little routines!!! I am sitting down and snuggling with them tonight no matter what time it is!!!! I miss them sooo much when I am busy!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like to lay down with dexter in his beds :D it makes a nice cushion LOL ^_^
Pigeon - you are a nut!! I won't say what I wanted to here cause I won't start it on here like I did on Facebook, LOL, but you know what I want to say, right??!! LOL!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh I do, too! Since I'm home most of the time, mine are used to being with me almost constantly. On days that I have a lot of things to do, I feel terrible if I can't take them with me. Willow is extremely clingy, so she really makes me feel bad for leaving her or not having as much time as normal.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
OMG! I know how you feel! I am so lucky to be able to stay home and be with my babies every day but there are times when we are super busy and I HATE leaving them home alone all day! I worry about them lol.... Thankfully that doesn't happen often other wise they are with us out and about.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I do it all the time too and my babies have their routines they go through also. But I've been so busy and it's been hectic here too and their routines have been interrupted (plus we have a new puppy, Calleigh) so Pedro is a bit put off with me now.:foxes15: Hopefully we can get back into our regular routine soon!:D

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Yep definately, I always make time for cuddles and play, if I have been busy I will stay up a little longer on an evening just to have some Me, Jake and Red time.

I feel it is important to show love and care to our babies as we are all they have and the last thing I ever want is for them to feel neglected or uncared for. They do not understand what busy is and to me if you can't give them some of your time every day then something is amiss.

It is tearing me apart not seeing my lads at the moment and I will be making it up to them both big time when I finally see them again.

I have often been exhausted but stayed up because my boys were fast alseep curled up on my lap and I refused to disturb them, OH thinks I am mad.

Deme x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts