Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have done it. I don't think I'm a good person to ask if it's worth it because I love to custom make all kinds of things for my kids and our pets. I often have to custom make things for my kids and pets because they are all odd sizes. I do a lot of research to find just the right fabric or notion. I usually make my own patterns. I got power tools for the holidays because we are doing bigger projects in our new house, and I can't wait to use them on furniture for the pets. I get my findings from Ebay, Etsy, Michaels, and Joanns.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
A while ago I made a harness dress and fo the leash I used basic cotton fabric
its actually quite easy to make (although I hand sew it)

·
Registered
458 Posts
What sort of material would you recommend making a leash out of? Thanks for the reply :)
I used webbing like most dog leashes and collars. I also used regular fabric for some leashes. As long as the material isn't flimsy it should be okay as a leash. It's not like you're trying to hold on to a horse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i've made multiple leashes and couplers for my dogs, all out of leather. it's pretty easy if you have the right tools and you don't need to sew it if you don't want, you can use rivets or screws instead. i've recently made a couple of leashes that were hand sewn, instead of using rivets / screws, which took a little bit more time.

I prefer to make my own unique leashes...

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
i've made multiple leashes and couplers for my dogs, all out of leather. it's pretty easy if you have the right tools and you don't need to sew it if you don't want, you can use rivets or screws instead. i've recently made a couple of leashes that were hand sewn, instead of using rivets / screws, which took a little bit more time.

I prefer to make my own unique leashes...
Please post pictures of the leashes you made! I would just love to see them! :p

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Cheryl, that link is awesome! So fun! :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will definitley post pics. I hope I can find the nylon strapping at a local store, otherwise I'll have to order it and try to make it next weekend :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts