Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on this forum has the most Chi's?

The lady I got Reeses from had 18 Chi's to get rid of before her move. I wonder how she ever went on vacation.
8)

So who's the Chi champ?

(and why do you have so many?)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Only one...but...I eventually want to get a smoothcoat brindle female...and I already have the name picked out...lol..she will be Stella... :D

not sure when because the puppy stage does wear you out...LOL

But I definately want another!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have one..... and Gadget is pefect for me right now.....

I Might one of these years get another one but I really like having just one...

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
We have two. That is the right number for us. Although when I see puppy pictures, I do get the urge to have another one. :D LOL

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have one, Zola but the breeder I got him from had 30 for her own... yup 30. I saw them all with my own eyes to. it was insane. In fact her is a pic of just some of her chi's....

It was a very amazin thing to see, sorry if this turns out sooper big

The breed also had 11 pups when I went to visit not including her own 30 ch's

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Wow, 30 chi's! They look very well cared for so why not? They must be incredibly healthy too or the vet bills could be astronomical. Hey, if you can afford 30, go for it. It sure would be fun to see them in action. :lol:

A guy at work asked me the other day how much I spend on Lily's daycare and vet bills on average. I sat down and figured it out. For the 12 month period from June 15, 2004 to June 15, 2005... almost $3000 for vet bills and about $4000 for daycare. During that time Lily had 2 dental surgeries, she was diagnosed with a heart murmur and possibly epilepsy, we had a couple emergency vet visits (which cost up the wazoo), two annual checkups, two sets of shots, an ultrasound, xrays, and two sets of bloodwork. And yet, Lily seems just as healthy and happy as ever and that's all that really matters to me. But there's no way I could afford even one more chi. :lol:

The guy at work was astounded (I was too :lol: ). He said that was more than people spend on a kid (who would be covered on the parents' health insurance, eligible for a daycare credit, not to mention a tax write-off). But, as I told him, Lily will never want to go to summer camp, college, a senior prom, or walk down the aisle to get married. I'm actually getting off pretty cheap. :lol:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I only have three...but it i could I would have 5 at this moment....stupid landlord not allowing me to have more...lol :wink:

OMG 30 chi's is a lot. I agree though they all look beautiful. Their coats look awesome and well groomed. Hey I always said as long as you can care equally for them you should have as many as you want (you have to $$$ care for them too of course)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
my breeder is a bit older. She doesnt work. She stays at home all the time to care for her chi's. She shows them to. We asked when she got her first one and she said her huisband left her so she got a chi then her friend suggested breeding so she got another chi, then she had puppies, they she just kept on going and now she has her 30!!! She's really crazy about then she has this poor rescue chi. If she hadnt taken him he would have been put down. His owner was bad to him and said he was vicous but she says he was nothing for the kind he was just really scared now. He was too cute and he seemed to love her. She has pens for them all. Every night she puts them to bed two per carte. Even that would take forever. Then she says she has over 5 loads of washing to to everyday before she can even leave the house to buy her newspaper. SHe kinda lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere to so they all can go outside when they wish. She has her house fenced of for them.

It really is amazin and shes a specially kinda person. Shes breeding zolas mum and dad again and keeping the whole litter cuz she loves his litter that much. She wished she had kept his litter, thank god she did not or I would not have my baby

1 - 20 of 40 Posts