Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sure are! It's 4AM here and we're getting sleet right now. We're in a blizzard warning watch and we're suppose to get up to 6-10 inch of snow on top of nasty ice! Ugh! I LOVE snow but the ice is what I can not stand! I just hope we don't lose electricity! Ick! I know the storm is pretty wide so who all here is getting it?

These are the days I'm so glad I don't have to work, if I did I wouldn't be going! lol I think Joey is staying home today as well. It's really just not worth going out on the icy roads! We'll see what he wants to do!

Stay warm and stay safe!!!

We went to the store a couple days ago to stock up on food. My OH went there last night to pick up some other things and he passed by the bread aisle...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
far out thats crazy, no bread at all :(
Where I live we are in the middle of a heat wave
today at my place we had temps of 43 degrees Celsius
and we are expecting the same heat for the next week
its unbearable :( I had to make sure the chi's stayed inside
all day even with the air con on it was still 32 degrees so so hot

all of you guys over there with ice on the roads please stay safe.

·
Registered
768 Posts
oh that sounds nasty :( poor u!
Its 10.45am here and its actually not too bad.. was raining first thing but now the sun is shining but its still cold n windy.
I hate icy weather too, i suppose we r quite lucky we dont get snow that offen but when we do the whole country seems to panic because were not used to it!!
Stay in the warm and have a pajama day with ur chi`s :D xx

·
Registered
768 Posts

i would love a heat wave right now! bored of misrable weather!! i need a holiday!!! :D x

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
i would love a heat wave right now! bored of misrable weather!! i need a holiday!!! :D x
I dont think you would LOL
It is now 9:50PM and I am sitting out the front
and I am sweating just sitting here, its horrible.
its still so hot, and its so hard to sleep in this
heat.

·
Registered
768 Posts
heat.
LOL ok maybe not so hot that u cant sleep in it!! just a bit of heat wud be apprieciated!!
How do u manage to work when its that bad out there?
Me and bf were looking at holidays yesterday to OZ.. i wanna go to steve Irwins zoo! LOl x

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
LOL ok maybe not so hot that u cant sleep in it!! just a bit of heat wud be apprieciated!!
How do u manage to work when its that bad out there?
Me and bf were looking at holidays yesterday to OZ.. i wanna go to steve Irwins zoo! LOl x
I am a stay at home mum, so I am one of the lucky ones!
My Hubby is a traffic controller and stands on the road for 12 hours at a time
he is used to it now, but alot of the blokes cant handle it and dont last long.
He got very very lucky 2 days ago... they put him on night work :hello1:
Its still hot but at least 10 degrees hotter then during the day, so he is very happy right now, night work for the next month :)
I have never been to Steve's Zoo but I have been told its awesome
I would probably wait until Autumn (fall) to come over lol its bloody hot
right now, and that zoo is in the state of QLD. They are just getting over
devastating floods, and are now expecting a catogry 4-5 cyclone to hit
in the next 24 hours :( I am glad I live in NSW (next to QLD) poor buggers.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Its still hot but at least 10 degrees hotter then during the day, so he is very happy right now, night work for the next month :)
U are lucky! :)
Thats gd about ur hubby, 12 hours in that heat at once must be so exhusting, like u say its still hot in the night but at least its a bit cooler for him.
Ive seen the floods on tv it really upsetting to see :(
Thats my dream to visit that zoo! i dunno when it will happen but im sure i`ll get there 1 day :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
to describe our heat wave for you in a funny way, here is a few status updates my
mates put on facebook in the last 20 mins, lol some are funny!!

omg how hot is it still!!! i just filled up wy's little blow up pool and gunna sit in that for a while lol

It feels like i have an electric blanket on my bed. Wish i could bring the air con to bed with me.

apparently my son thinks im magic and can change the weather.... "mum its hot can you do some magic or something"

Yes sirreeee The news said Taree 33 deg it was 40 deg at 9.30 pm just up the road where do they take these temps.
All my cat friends and animal lovers remember Use Frozen Bottle of water to keep pets cool. Ice cubes in drinking water are also helpful.Fans and wet towels help.
Watch precious babies carefully.

i hate you 41 degree heat!!!!!!

i think it is swim time bloody hot enough

Just about everyone has a status up about the heat,
Aussies are used to heat but the past 2 days have been
unbearable :(
What I wouldnt give for some rain right now :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I know it's nuts! I'm watching our news now, we're suppose to get way much more than 6-10 it can be up to 15 they are just throwing numbers everywhere now LOL Who knows what we'll end up with!
That sounds VERY icky! Keep those little Chis cooled down and I'll keep my little Chis under the electric warm blanket snuggled up with me! LOL hehe

oh that sounds nasty :( poor u!
Its 10.45am here and its actually not too bad.. was raining first thing but now the sun is shining but its still cold n windy.
I hate icy weather too, i suppose we r quite lucky we dont get snow that offen but when we do the whole country seems to panic because were not used to it!!
Stay in the warm and have a pajama day with ur chi`s :D xx
We're use to snow, but not like this! This sounds like the huge storm back in 1982 everybody is talking about ( I wasn't born then so I don't know LOL) so I'm a bit concerned, hopefully it is all talk and it passes us some how! I wish I had some sun shining down on me! lol

Yay! ME too! I would love some warmth! Anything! I want Spring!! I want to be at the river with my girls! :( Boooo!!

heat.
I HATE SUMMER we have that nasty heat here too. I love Fall & Spring, Winter is ok as long as it's not icy then I love my snow too! Ugh try and stay cooled off hon It sounds hot and sticky, I can never sleep when its like that either! NEVER! I must have my Air on and a fan....

Glad you're a SAHM! That's terrible for your hubby to stay out there all that time at least he's use to it! :hello1: for night shifts they are so much cooler! I always feel so bad for the construction workers here during the day I don't know how they do it! Those floods were terrible :( I've been hearing so many sad stories :(

·
Registered
768 Posts
to describe our heat wave for you in a funny way, here is a few status updates my

omg how hot is it still!!! i just filled up wy's little blow up pool and gunna sit in that for a while lol

It feels like i have an electric blanket on my bed. Wish i could bring the air con to bed with me.

apparently my son thinks im magic and can change the weather.... "mum its hot can you do some magic or something"

LOL ok maybe i`ll take my comment back.... i dont want to have a heat wave right now!!!

Yes sirreeee The news said Taree 33 deg it was 40 deg at 9.30 pm just up the road where do they take these temps.
All my cat friends and animal lovers remember Use Frozen Bottle of water to keep pets cool. Ice cubes in drinking water are also helpful.Fans and wet towels help.

LOL ok so maybe i`ll take my comment back!!! i dont want ur heat wave right now!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Omg that sounds so gross! I really think I could pass on the heat. RIGHT NOW it sounds GREAT but I am worthless when it comes to heat. I do not want to go anywhere or do anything OUTside! I would die without an air conditioner! I seriously don't know how people who work outside do it. The heat in Missouri can get so nasty because of our humidity, it's just wrong! I hope you all can get a break soon! When will it get cooler for you all? Do you have a pool? Or close to the ocean?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Omg that sounds so gross! I really think I could pass on the heat. RIGHT NOW it sounds GREAT but I am worthless when it comes to heat. I do not want to go anywhere or do anything OUTside! I would die without an air conditioner! I seriously don't know how people who work outside do it. The heat in Missouri can get so nasty because of our humidity, it's just wrong! I hope you all can get a break soon! When will it get cooler for you all? Do you have a pool? Or close to the ocean?
It is horrible :(
I am the same as you I HATE summer, I LOVE winter!
The news said that by saturday we should get some rain and storms
so should cool down a little. We still have a few months left if this heat yet.
but not this bad it should only last till the end of the week and then we just
wait for the next heat wave :(
I dont have a pool but my neighbours do, my kids were in there from 3pm when they got home from school till 8:30PM came home for dinner bath then bed.
We live near the beach about half hour drive, but honestly its just to hot to even go, my friend (who made the comment about her bed feels like an electric blanket) asked me if I wanted to go to the beach with her at about 7pm but I said honestly I am not leaving my lounge room air con for nothing!!!
I live right on the lake and we wanted to take the boat out but again it was to hot to even do that :(

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
With hubby on night shift I think I am going to sleep in the lounge room, its our only room with air con, lucky Chi's lol thats where their pen is set up so they have the air con on all night :)
My cousin told me today that she has been sleeping in her lounge room with the chi's for te past few nights, I think she is very smart :) I am going to do the same thing :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
We have the storm here, I'm in Nw Arkansas, right on the OK line and about 25 miles from the MO. line Freezing rain first, then sleet and chaning to snow. Looks like we will keep our power. Thank goodness, hate to be without power, I don't have much wood to keep warm. Everyone out there stay safe. And ofcourse keep your furbabies warm. lol

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
We are!! DH and I both took the day off. We are expecting 12" today. We went to the grocery store Sunday and it was already crazy busy then. We have more food in the house than we normally do and I plan to cook a bunch!

Nice excuse for me to stay home with the girls a day or two!

Those who have to be out, please be safe!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
We're in the middle of it too in NE Ohio. Hubby couldn't get in to work this morn. He used the snow blower on our never ending driveway instead. He fed the animals for me this morn so I didn't have to get out. :) What a guy. And this in only the beginning of the storm. :-( I could go some 50 - 60 degree Fahrenheit right now.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We are getting the junk; although not as bad as Chicago. I'm in Omaha and we had ice yesterday where a Jeep came within inches of taking me out in my new car. :( But I saw it spinning towards me and was able to pull to the opposite lane to avoid. Phew. Today school is closed but we don't have a ton of snow. Just drifting and really really cold with 40MPH winds. I'm supposed to fly out to Disneyworld tomorrow. We shall see.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wow, you guys sound like you have a monster storm going on out there. It's not too bad here, actually it's quite nice, currently sunny, but still quite cold. the river outside my apartment is still a little frozen after temperatures dropped last night.
Me and Radley were just sat on the balcony watching people walk their dogs on the other side of the river.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts