Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new friend that gets a lot of venison (has given us 7 bags of trim, a neck, a knee and THIS so far). She graced us with this carcass for the dogs (and cat).

Goose enjoying the ribby part:

Betty gets some nice hip action:

The cat ate a lot, and Oona got a bit.

Now Betty has parked her large butt beside what's left (A LOT) and growls at anyone who comes close. LOL

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
They are loving it! Wow! My chis would go bonkers if I dragged a carcass in for them. Lol!
Lucky little chis!
Betty is so darn cute!!
Where are you going to store it? It's huge!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The backyard. LOL I let them go to town, now that they're full it was be put in our backyard for all the dogs in the apt to share. We've got a pitty upstairs, then a beagle and two more chis. I'm sure they'll all enjoy it. :D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Santa Paws came early for all the dogs in your neighborhood! :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Wow, very cool! I'd never have been able to bring such a large piece of carcass inside though...the pups would have to had stayed outside with it. LOL Very lucky pooches though. We're trying to score some venison this hunting season. We've got some "left overs" from last year coming but that's it so far.... Lucky you!!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
That is AWESOME! I have a full rib cage in my freezer right now, waiting for it to snow for a cool photo op.....and since Zoey's on grinds for another week....waiting till she's feeling better too.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL Thanks for the comments all.

We ripped the ribs off and putt the back in the freezer. Main floor said they didn't want it in the backyard incase a kid touched it. *sigh* All the kids who live here are old enough to know better.

Ah well, my kids will get it taken out and served every so often for mental health. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
That looks so yummy. :lol: :wink: Glad the Chi's are enjoying it!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ewww Kelly you are hard core!!! But yeah, looks like they are all enjoying it! Great meat there and a good teeth workout too!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Could you split it up for the pit and stuff

I wouldn't be worried about kids more what it'd attract my girls would be in chi heaven

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nah, I don't like the pitties owners anyways. So sadly, I do them no favours .. and cutting through that sucker would be a HUGE favour, trust me! LOL You should have seen me kneeling above it trying to rip the darn ribs off with my bare hands. ;)

Thanks ladies! I was quite a sight, my boyfriend stayed FAR away while I sat right beside it. :) Have a video:

YouTube - DSCF8167

Sorry it's dark. We live in a basement. :(

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Love that vid was is Betty and oona fighting??? I couldn't see oona :( you know how I feel about oona I really want a black tri girl desperately!!!

Glad to see it's not just mine that get narkey with each other lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was Betty and Oona! I wish I had better lights down here. :( That deer was a high value item, and the funniest bit was that Betty wouldn't eat it much until I was well away from it. I think she might have been waiting for me to have my fill. :S Urgh, no thank you Betty.

The cat was hilarious, she's the new kitten with the sad past (found outside, on a road, after I hit her sibling :( ). She is a food HOUND! That kitten would probably eat a whole deer if she could.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Ohhh Betty is really respectful of you Kelly that's lovely

Ahahaha we always get grumbles at meal times no fights yet but a lot of teeth if the other one gets too close lop make me laugh you'd think I starve them!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts