Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do u like it and do u have any comments to make

they just put Bindi on it since I was concerned about Frontline Pus....Kemo uses that but Bindi is too tiny so I was worried.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I am SO LUCKY that we do not have a problem with ticks and fleas, so I don't know about the products. There are more doggies in the neighborhood (as well as our house :D ) so I will be keeping a close eye out for signs of ticks and fleas this year.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I dont use it but I love the commercial !! I use hartz flea & tick spray its a weekly treatment but it works for us. I tried a few different drop medications & they made Tader lose his fur on the application site so the vet said not to use them any longer so the spray works great for us.

·
Registered
277 Posts
We had the boys all on Advantix because it was supposed to kill ticks, however, they ended up with a case of flea's last spring!! We immediately, took the script back to the vets who replaced it with Frontline Plus and the fleas went away almost immediately. Needless to say, I say stay away and go with the Frontline!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I already have the advantix :? , highly recommended by my vet. If you read frontline Plus really should not be used on small size dogs (less than 11lbs). Kemo does fine but I half the dose (he's much bigger than her). I was too concerned for Bindi being a wee tiny one. My vet said the chemicals in that are too strong. If the manuf says its too strong then...............?

I will try though (advantix) and see and take what you all said in as I use it. I dont like Revolution been there done that..........Advantix is WAY more expensive than Frontline Plus...we have high Lyme disease here so I must use the "plus" if I am doing Frontline.

Thanks everyone..... :wave:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
with chiwi the vet told me to half the frontline plus as well. i know that in our office the advantix comes with a free flea collar :shock: i looked into it today.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Can I ask why you don't like the Revolution? It's what my vet gave me to use on Marcus with a good recommendation but I decided he was too young and put it up till either he's older or we have a flea. Since the package insert was already making me antsy with all the possible side effects I'm especially curious why you don't like it.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tinker said:
Can I ask why you don't like the Revolution? It's what my vet gave me to use on Marcus with a good recommendation but I decided he was too young and put it up till either he's older or we have a flea. Since the package insert was already making me antsy with all the possible side effects I'm especially curious why you don't like it.
When I got Kemo he was on that and was full of worms and was obviously :roll: in a flea infected enviroment, The lady gave him a bath before he went in my car....he could have had them ( I would not know since she bathed him) and the vet I went to said that was not a product he likes to use.....as you can see by this thread all the vets out there have diff opinions.....I feel like you, nobody has yet to endorse advantix, but all we can do is try it and see just like every dog has different reactions so will the products work diff for everyone. I know Frontline works but I also know the chemicals in that product are strong.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I haven't used anything yet on Gadget thought I would wait until the weather got warmer and he was ground bound.... but I have a sampl of frontline that the vet gave me... I have been looking into all the different kinds.. I think I might try the Zodiak brand.. it seems to be more natural than the frontline or the advantix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts