Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Louise kindly gave us two little chicks for the girl!!! Daisy licked it dragged it around and didn't touch it!! Lotus however didn't hesitate and went to town on it

Mmmmmm nomm

Dis iz good

I no no why daisy no likey is nummy

I lub dis sing

Mummy peas no leab me wib dis sing I skeered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzMG7tLtM7Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Btw she gave the body a shake like she was trying to shake the stomach out!!! It's amazing!!

Lol this was her after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFgtRzX3n3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
280 Posts
ohhh, are they just day old chicks youre giving them? are they good for our chihuahuas :)? my friend has hawks and has hundreds of these maybe I should try Cici on one of them! I didn't know dogs liked them?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hahahaha I'm hard core lol funny enough they didn't bother me I think I convinces myself they were food and are the best thing for them I was well happy tho haha

Mylittlecici

I raw feed my dogs :) daisy didn't take to it but I'll keep trying she just licked it and dragged it around and then ignored it lotus is 4 months old and clearly in her natural wolf like state amazing but yes try them on yours

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope I even cut it open a bit and she just licked it and dragged it around so I put it in the fridge gonna give it to lotus tomorrow get some more and try daisy when she's proper hungry she just was like 'um no I prefer it plucked already'

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sarah, I'm soooooooooo proud of you!!! And yes, YOU are hard core!!!

That's fabulous to see Lotus eating through her chick like that. And then wanting Daisy's! ha!

Just great. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
WOOHOOOO!

Go Lotus! Daisy will probably be like Goose, he took a few tries before he ate it. Let him go hungry a day before he gave in. ;)Lotus reminds me of Betty: "Is it remotely edible? I'LL EAT IT!"

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Tracy :) I'm happy with it amazing

Kelly omg she was going nuts before I missed the first few mins I was too busy going omg my baby is like a bloody wolf!!! I'll keep trying daisy

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Yea!!
Sarah, I can't believe you did it! I am so happy right now!
Lotus is amazing!!! What a pro! She didn't even have to think about. She knew exactly what to do with that chick... Eat it! :)
Daisy will get there. I have no doubts about it. She's a smart girl. It might just take her until her next meal. ;)

Sarah, you have totally made my day! I'm so proud. I know how hard it was for you, but you did it out of love for your girls.
You know, I have a feeling that eventually it won't even bother you. It might even be, dare I say, fun!! ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
so raw food is good for them not like us :L? ohh so nothing could go wrong? My friend is coming down tonight I'll get him to bring down a chick for tomorrow :D xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Lisa it's nit as gruesome as I thought u know it wasn't messy either!!!

Chiara :)

Yes it's good for them it's the best diet they can have all dogs are carnivores like wolves so are built to eat raw meat bones and organ their stomach acids get through it!!

Things can go wrong but it's far lower percentage than with commercially processed kibble this way you know exactly what your dog is getting the emerita are amazing no dog smell very small firm poos less shedding clean teeth and shiney coat along with less allergies better health etc there is a lot of info here for it

Also u can feed a dehydrated raw food like ziwipeak which is the best processed food you can get!!

Raw feeding is v cheap they eat a tiny amount (mine have 3oz a day each) so it costs me £1.50 a week for two dogs

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But yes be sure to research lots ask questions we will help u if u have any questions and start slowly if u want to

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
So no pools of bloods? I was thinking it would be messy. I don't mind blood and the insides, I have my hands in the whole grinds, and that doesnt bother me. I have images in my head of squirting blood and insides everywhere or pools of it. That is the only thing that holds me back.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nothing there were a couple of fluff feathers left but they wiped out easily no blood no guts she ate it all!! I don't know if it's a particular order they eat it in but she eat the head then the legs shook the body like mad then ate that and the wings last but no mess

Intrigued to see her poo tomorrow

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
*Gagging* Those are great pics! LOL That's pretty neat they took on to it so well! That's good there was no pools of blood or anything, that's the way I picture it too...but good thing it's not like that!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts