Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a friend who has a springer spaniel and she allways makes fun of roxi because she is so small it annoys me a lot when she takes the piss out of her. evan though roxi listens to me and sits,stay ect when i tell her but her dog dont listen to her pulls her everywhere. she says its embarissing to walk roxi! i really dont see how i get so angry with her for saying all this :foxes15:
does anyone else have this problem with other people?
there so smart and she can leard or do anything else that another dog can do. grrrrr

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope my dogs are like a tourist attraction lol even my male friends adore them
your lucky! most people love her but i do get a few people laugh at her and take the mick a bit it so annoys me i would rather have a well behaved small dog that a dog i cant control

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
about 80% of the time my two get loads of attention - The other 20% of the time i get loads of "rat" and "thats not a real dog" comments. I just tend to give them a sarcastic answer back!

Most people love my two though

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about 80% of the time my two get loads of attention - The other 20% of the time i get loads of "rat" and "thats not a real dog" comments. I just tend to give them a sarcastic answer back!

Most people love my two though
yep i get them to its like aww F U lol it stupid i tend to give a dirty look and walk off, they are real dogs yeah they are tiny but very popular so how can people call tehm rats i get "get a real dog quite a lot" ive had big dogs all my life and if i wanted one i would have one lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I have only had a couple of cheeky comments.
There are no chi's near where i live, or at least i have never seen any, so most people love to see them, and ask questions about them too.
When i take them into the city centre, it's actually mostly men that will kneel down and talk to them and say how cute they are. lol

Just ignore the few ignorant folk out there, as hard as that may be.
I bet if they actually got to know these wee dogs they would soon be converted. x

·
Registered
36 Posts
i used to get that when i had my chi mojo. sadly he passed away due to old age a couple of years ago :(
i used to get people shouting 'oh look she thinks she is paris hilton' and 'yuk thats a rat'
i just smiled and said.....this is a canine that is required to be on a lead......and by the looks of it so should you!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have only had a couple of cheeky comments.
There are no chi's near where i live, or at least i have never seen any, so most people love to see them, and ask questions about them too.
When i take them into the city centre, it's actually mostly men that will kneel down and talk to them and say how cute they are. lol

Just ignore the few ignorant folk out there, as hard as that may be.
I bet if they actually got to know these wee dogs they would soon be converted. x
i so agree with that they lovely dog to look at and a joy to own :D its so hard to ignore people like that. when roxi didnt have her jabs i allways took her everywhere carrying her i took her in the city centre and the amout of awww's i get i wish i had a £1 for every one lol

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've gotten the rat comment a few times, but mostly people just ooohhh and aaahhhh over Chip. The best compliment I've gotten was actually 2nd hand-
My brother is a big time dog person... All kinds of dogs, but he breeds hunting beagles. He does NOT like toy breeds for some reason and has always teased me about my pugs. So when he met Chip, I fully expected the onslaught of remarks. I put Chip through his paces, you know, sit stay come, all that and no comments! A few days later I was talking to my mom and she said, "Jeff was pretty impressed with that new little dog of yours!" so apparently he was talking about him to my mom, AND was complimenting him! BIG compliment! :hello1:

·
Registered
162 Posts
hi all i have a friend who has a springer spaniel and she allways makes fun of roxi because she is so small it annoys me a lot when she takes the piss out of her. evan though roxi listens to me and sits,stay ect when i tell her but her dog dont listen to her pulls her everywhere. she says its embarissing to walk roxi! i really dont see how i get so angry with her for saying all this :foxes15:
does anyone else have this problem with other people?
there so smart and she can leard or do anything else that another dog can do. grrrrr

You should start making fun of her dog not paying attention to her! Mean I know, but she would see it's no fun to have your loved one criticized!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i used to get that when i had my chi mojo. sadly he passed away due to old age a couple of years ago :(
i used to get people shouting 'oh look she thinks she is paris hilton' and 'yuk thats a rat'
i just smiled and said.....this is a canine that is required to be on a lead......and by the looks of it so should you!
lol i like your reply :) sorry to hear about your chi, they are such lovely pets i would have a million if i could

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should start making fun of her dog not paying attention to her! Mean I know, but she would see it's no fun to have your loved one criticized!
yeah true she thinks she is higher than every ones else but i do have to be a bit carefull as its my boyfriends sister :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
When we first got Alfie my husband got a load of stick at work from his friends, mostly Lab or German Sherpherd owners. Loads of them said 'That's not a proper dog.' and 'Why can't you get a real dog?' to him.

He gave what I think is a great come back to one guy who is a Labrador owner, this guy said 'A Chihuahua? That's not a proper dog! You want a proper dog like mine.' so hubby said 'Why is a Chihuahua not a proper dog?' and got the response 'It's too small!' to which he replied 'Hmm, but then a Labrador is much smaller than a Great Dane, so that means your dog must not be a proper dog either.'. :laughing6:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When we first got Alfie my husband got a load of stick at work from his friends, mostly Lab or German Sherpherd owners. Loads of them said 'That's not a proper dog.' and 'Why can't you get a real dog?' to him.

He gave what I think is a great come back to one guy who is a Labrador owner, this guy said 'A Chihuahua? That's not a proper dog! You want a proper dog like mine.' so hubby said 'Why is a Chihuahua not a proper dog?' and got the response 'It's too small!' to which he replied 'Hmm, but then a Labrador is much smaller than a Great Dane, so that means your dog must not be a proper dog either.'. :laughing6:
lol i like that one i think ill use that next time, i read that to my boyfriend and he laughed. that is so true what he said at the end that a lab aint a proper dog compared to a great dane.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I really mainly get positive comments. A couple times I have had people joke about them being guard dogs, that sort of thing, but I've never had anything negative said. There are a lot of chi's in my neighborhood as well. My next door neighbor has a chi and her Mother has 3 of them and she brings them over all the time. It's funny when I hear them bark because they sound so much like Pip and Roo. Then a street that borders mine there's about 5 different people that have chi's. It's like Chi town over here. :lol: There's lots more as well (one lady near me has her chi involved in agility training, he's an amazing little guy) and I also belong to a chi meet-up group. :) It's very common for me to take mine for a walk and have someone come running over saying they have a chi too and they get down on the ground and Pip and Roo get all excited to see a new person, hehe. Especially Pip, he will jump in a new person's lap. Roo is friendly, but more shy.

Nope my dogs are like a tourist attraction lol even my male friends adore them
Same here exactly! Everyone goes nuts over my pups. I know I'm biased, but I honestly think it's impossible not to love them, unless you're a freak or something. ;) I have even converted quite a few guys. One of my male friends is totally smitten with my little ones. hehe. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
tell me about it... ever since i told people i want a chihuahua, it's been Paris Hilton jokes and me walking around with a rat dressed in pink jokes...

but i really don't care, i bet when i get my puppy people will realize it's just a dog like any other.

i only think that if there wasn't such a stereotype about chihuahuas and their owners, more people would realize what a wonderful breed it is.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I've never had anyone say anything rude about my pups, but I don't take them in "public" much. They go with me everywhere, but my Mom sits in the car with them while I run in places. When I walk them, and people are out, they run up and say, "awwwwwwww!" The pups first reaction to that is all of them sitting on my feet. :lol: Like it's their ground of protection. :lol: My middle daughters BF did say they were all ugly. :lol: We all got a kick out of that. I said, "well at least the kid stated his mind." He is just mad cause they don't like him, and bark at him all the time. :wink: :lol: But no, no ugly comments, not that it would make me rats a** anyway. When someone says something tacky about your pup, just have fun at their expense. :D Give what you get, so to speak.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
tell me about it... ever since i told people i want a chihuahua, it's been Paris Hilton jokes and me walking around with a rat dressed in pink jokes...
I do think they tend to get a bad rap in the media. I had one male friend who had a bad attitude when I told him I was hopefully getting 2 chihuahua's. He went on about what an awful breed they were, yappy, got the Paris jokes etc. etc. Silly stuff, I would just yawn and roll my eyes at him. :lol: Now that I have them, he's totally changed his view and really loves them. ;)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I live with my Chi's 24/7 by choice.

If I come across anyone who doesn't like it, I just think that the faster I never see that person the better, and move along.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I live with my Chi's 24/7 by choice.

If I come across anyone who doesn't like it, I just think that the faster I never see that person the better, and move along.
Cheers to that! ;)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts