Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are some people sooooo RUDE!!!!! :mad:
I am just really really frustrated right now. I was emailing a person about an adult chihuahua *one i have not mentioned on the forum* and I was pretty seriously considering her. The lady (owner, a breeder but not her breeder) told me she wasn't spayed and went on to tell me how bad spaying was and how they need those hormones. Well i let her know that i couldn't have an unspayed female since i have an un neutered male dog. She asked me what i fed my dogs, so i told her that i fed orijen. So then she writes me back and says she doesn't have a problem with someone spaying her since she's older (shes like 3 or 4), but then went on to say she would wait for someone who was "open to her suggestions" *(she never gave me any)* and would "keep her on the species appropriate food, she doesn't want her going downhill on kibble" well honestly i feel really insulted.
She never suggested anything to me at all. And honestly i think it was pretty rude. She feeds her raw and that is good, but geez honestly i'm not going to kill her with orijen. :(

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Maybe you should write her back and say that?

Honestly some breeders have their heads so far up their own @$$3$ and its really somewhat amazing. You are not the almighty just because you breed dogs. At. All. Some seem to be confused though. TBH I wouldn't want to deal with someone like that, though, and I'd go the other direction.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I understand your feeling are hurt, we all know you would love and care for that pup very well! Look how good you take care of your Leila! I agree, she could do much worse than a home that feeds Orijen.

It is her dog and since she is attempting to find it a home - her criteria are not 'that' bad. Keeping her raw fed is best for her and it is up to her to find her the home she thinks is "the best". I have seen rawfed dogs switched back to kibble full time and it can have some pretty bad reactions.

Sounds like maybe she is pretty blunt (like myself) and often we can come off as rude and condescending without meaning to. :( Don't think it's personal.

Everyone here knows you're a wonderful, caring, loving owner and you will find the PERFECT new addition soon. :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah she really made me feel like crap. I wrote her back and told her that everything i've read says that spaying is best for dogs and helps prevent mammary cancer. I told her i respected her opinion and she had to do what was best for her dogs. I explained that i have an unneutered male dog and that i was not going to neuter him. (He's old and i'm not putting him through it) I told her i tried raw and it didn't work out for me and that i was feeding the kibble that i thought was the best out there.
She has not responded. PFFTTT!!!!!!! The dog was very very pretty and i really liked her. SHe is giving her away. She got her to breed but didn't because she is a very timid dog. I could've given her a good home. :( BAHH!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand your feeling are hurt, we all know you would love and care for that pup very well! Look how good you take care of your Leila! I agree, she could do much worse than a home that feeds Orijen.

It is her dog and since she is attempting to find it a home - her criteria are not 'that' bad. Keeping her raw fed is best for her and it is up to her to find her the home she thinks is "the best". I have seen rawfed dogs switched back to kibble full time and it can have some pretty bad reactions.

Sounds like maybe she is pretty blunt (like myself) and often we can come off as rude and condescending without meaning to. :( Don't think it's personal.

Everyone here knows you're a wonderful, caring, loving owner and you will find the PERFECT new addition soon. :)
Thanks for your kind words. The thing is she never asked me if i would consider feeding raw!!!! she just said "what do you feed your dogs?" And she never gave me any kind of "suggestions". Just because i decided not to give leila raw does not mean i wouldn't give it to this dog. Obviously she's fine on it.. leila was not. I honestly don't know WHAT i did that turned her off... She said she didn't mind the dog getting spayed once she was at her new home. She says that female pups need the hormones and shouldn't be spayed until theyre older or not at all. This is a first to my ears.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Cheryl, I wouldn't let it bother you. Everyone does things their own way. If she felt you were going to be doing her pup injustice by feeding her Orijen, do you really want to deal with someone like that anyway? I mean really. It isn't worth it IMO. There are hundreds of dogs that need good homes. She may find someone that feeds RAW, and if that to her means that she has found the "perfect" home, then let her think what she wants. She would have a wonderful home with you as we all know. But her, being a "stranger" to you, doesn't know anything about you. So don't take it personal. I know it's hard not too, but you'll feel much better if you just move on to another pup. :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
It sounds to me like she isnt quite sure where she wants to place the dog yet and maybe is a little hesitant to place her at all, maybe this is why she didnt tell you any requirements and kinda shot you down. I would just knock it up to fate and try to find the one is so perfect that it will just easily fall into place :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She's gorgeous! But sometime things happen for a reason. If she said that she doesn't want to place her, then there really isn't anything you can do. :( You can email her back and try to talk to her if you really feel it's something you need to do, but personally I'd just look elsewhere.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Shes cute Cheryl, but I will tell you I never want another timid chi again after Oakley. I adore Oakley, don't get me wrong. But life is hard for Oakley. EVERYTHING scares her. If the breeder says she's timid, chances are she is downright terrified and in an older chi its just not an easy thing to train out.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks t. She never responded back to my last email. So if she never does, then i take that as an "IT wasn't meant to be" deal. I wish I could get this desire for another out of my head but i cant. It is a sickness. :lol: I am going to leila's breeders, we are working out a day that will work for both of us. Then I will meet leila's mom, see the puppies *dangerous* and the ornery marking boy. ;) He now has him listed for sale on his site. he lists him as 2.5 lbs. wow i didn't know he was so small. he estimates him at 4 - 4 1/2 lb adult size. I can't wait, it'll be chi heaven :angel11:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shes cute Cheryl, but I will tell you I never want another timid chi again after Oakley. I adore Oakley, don't get me wrong. But life is hard for Oakley. EVERYTHING scares her. If the breeder says she's timid, chances are she is downright terrified and in an older chi its just not an easy thing to train out.
I know you're right kristi. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds to me like she isnt quite sure where she wants to place the dog yet and maybe is a little hesitant to place her at all, maybe this is why she didnt tell you any requirements and kinda shot you down. I would just knock it up to fate and try to find the one is so perfect that it will just easily fall into place :)
Yep! Well at least she is concerned for the dog. But i wonder why she is getting rid of her at all, if the dog has accepted them,seems cruel to move her.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Is that dog Regan by chance? I came across her today in my 'puppy' search. I fell in love with the boy puppy she has available as well. Sorry she was a little abrupt with you, some breeders have their own way of doing things and feel that others should follow suit.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that dog Regan by chance? I came across her today in my 'puppy' search. I fell in love with the boy puppy she has available as well. Sorry she was a little abrupt with you, some breeders have their own way of doing things and feel that others should follow suit.
Yep, that's her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts