Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for baby Chi's to shiver so much? Should I buy her a sweater or some type of doggy shirt? Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'm still really new to chis myself, so I'm sure someone else here can help you more than I, however... from everything I have read it is normal for a chi to shiver. Unless it seem cold to you, or just a little cool, it is probably nothing to worry about. I myself will HAVE to get Lady some sweaters this winter, as it gets really cold here.

Best of luck
MD

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
its a chi thing especially when puppys they shiver when they are excited, cold , happy and scared - you coulkd buy a sweater if its cold there

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi there,
Thanks for asking that - I wanted to ask the same thing!
My baby shakes sometimes, especially when we first go outside. I am hoping its not because shes not too cold - as it's still quite mild and its gonna get a lot colder than this.
Do you all think that it doesn't generally mean they are cold?

Thanks
m x

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
No it doesnt mean they are ALWAYS cold. Kemo was shaking in his boots this AM cause it was trim my toes time!! Sometimes too if Kemo doesnt have anything to eat he shakes a bit. It varies. But if its real warm in the house and cooler outside then it may be the adjustment in temps. Stock up on shirts and sweaters!! :wave:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts