Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this as I tried (unsuccessfully) for the millionth time to sit down without being swarmed by attention craving chis. It seems that no matter how much I pet and cuddle with them, they just want more and more.

However, I've seen several shows on dog and wolf behavior and none mention the crave for affection. So where does it come from? Why isn't a simple petting session enough? Why when I give undivided attention to one for 15 min. or so and turn to the other does the first dog try even harder to get me to pat and love on him/her? I get that it must feel good, but since they say dogs get their behavior from their ancient cousins, it just seems odd that they keep wanting constant physical stimulation.

Just curious.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I'd like to know myself because I could stroke Charlie for 10-15mins or even more and he will still want more. Even if I have the laptop on my lap he will try and put his head under my hand as i'm typing lol

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yeah, mine love it too and always want more.
Daisy will kinda push Darla out the way to get to me, ha!
Huskies are like that too though.
The 3 i share with my man demand petting and can be more forceful for it too, lol
Licking is their main thing mind you. x

·
Registered
898 Posts
I wonder if its something to do with the fact that they will do anything to please their 'master'. maybe because we pet them they think we really like doing it so they are pleasing us. Just my opinion. but who knows!! lol xx
Lol! Cute theory!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Diefie likes his cuddles and fuss but only on his terms. when he's had enough he'll wander off.
Stottie, on the other hand, is wanting constant attention and contact. i did wonder if it had something to do with his unsettled past.
he's quite the attention seeker and will shove Diefie out of the way and he licks everything in sight. i can't sit down for a moment without him climbing all over me, licking and shoving his head in my hands.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Cookie is not one for that at all. He only wants it when you first come in after being out then after that he doesn't. He never kisses either.

Lola loves it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good question. I know that my girls are cuddle bugs. All I know is I think that something is wrong when they are not interested in luvies...

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hahahaha they always wants more belly rubs! my theory is....since they cant rub themselves they love it when others do! hehe ;) just like that itch you cant scratch by urself...and when someone else does it...ur like in heaven ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I always thought it was because mama always licked them when they were babies to pee, eat, clean their little bodies and ears that it just makes them feel relaxed and safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts