Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking for a small dog. I told him to check out the local Hampton/Newport News SPCA. My husband and I were out with him today and went to the mall. On our way home, I told him "Hey, lets check out the SPCA to see what they have." My husband waited in the car to watch the kids (they were sleeping) so our friend and I went in. To my surprise, they had an adorable 8# friendly black and tan Chihuahua. This dog must have been about 3 and had a wonderful disposition very similar to Zeus. I wanted to have this dog right then and there. My friend liked him too, but said he needed to do some thinking. He wants to make sure right now he has the time to devote to a new dog. All I could do was think about this little dog. I asked my husband if Zeus likes him, can we adopt him and my husband said no. He said with a 3 year old, new baby, and our 2 cats, ferret, 55gal fish tank and of course Zeus, I wouldn't have the time. I just want Zeus to have a playmate.

Grrrr, why do I do this to myself. I know I shouldn't have gone to that shelter. It breaks my heart every time I do go. I can't stop thinking about that little guy.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i know how you feel. it breaks my heart seeing dogs and cats in shelters, knowing i cant adopt them. i can't even go to Petco when they have the adoptions because i cry when i see the animals there.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Everytime I go to the shelter I leave thinking about a poor baby in there, usually about 100 or so of them (cats and dogs). :(

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know....I'm the same way. I don't know why I do it to myself either. I shouldn't look at rescue's on the net either. I want to give them all a good home.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
MYCHIBABY said:
I know....I'm the same way. I don't know why I do it to myself either. I shouldn't look at rescue's on the net either. I want to give them all a good home.
Me too....I was looking at chis last week on a rescue site, and it just broke my heart. I wanted to rescue them all. :cry:

Maybe you could work on convincing your husband. How much more work can one little chi be? LOL.... good luck.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe you could work on convincing your husband. How much more work can one little chi be?
We all know it wouldn't be too much work, but it did take 5 years to convince him to let me have Zeus. I'm still working on him, trying to soften him up. It might not be this little guy, but maybe in the future, I can get a playmate for Zeus. On a brighter side, I'm taking Zeus to obedience classes at Petsmart. It's once a week for 2 months. My main reason for doing this is so he can get more socialization with other dogs as well as I can spend one on one time with him so he doesn't feel like he's being pushed on the side with a new baby. He's not though.. I've made sure of that. It's so cute when I'm feeding the baby on the rocker, he's laying right on my lap next to the baby.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I used to visit one particular shelter before I got Lily and I'd invariably fall madly in love with one dog. I'd cry all the way home because I couldn't even have dogs where I was living. Talk about masochism. :lol:

I can't even look at petfinder.com anymore because there are always seniors that I know probably won't be adopted. I have a huge soft spot in my heart for the seniors, like Tiny. So much love to give and so deserving of love in return. :(

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can't go to our local shelter either. I do send my husband to take them dontaions of food and cat litter. And forget about watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet. It sends me into depression.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts