Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my little girl out for her first walk today and figured I'd combine it with taking my son to school.So put her in her bag and carried her to school then walked her back.I had some people asking if she was old enough to be out!Yep I'm that stupid I'd take a puppy out that hadn't had any injections then I had alot of people going ahh look isn't that puppy tiny and a few saying she had gorgeous marking-making me a proud mummy.
I also had some gentleman in a car beep,point at my little girl and smile nicely but then I had two idiots(two girls around 19-24)waiting at a bus stop one said god look at the puppy then the other came out with yeah it looks like a rat!I was not happy,just why make such a stupid comment but I ignored and carried on walking.Anyway very proud of my little girl for walking all the way back and it's about a 20-30 min walk(did pick her up for a tiny bit of it though)but she didn't preform or refuse to walk she just strutted her stuff next to me.Though she did think she was very brave when she saw other dogs as she'd bark at them but want to get her out of that.
And as for the idiots it's not my fault your uninformed about animals and either need glasses or are thick if you think she looks like a rat!She is a gorgeous chihuahua puppy and I'm glad she's my little girl.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
again. some people are ignorant..a so called 'friend' of mine said Elise was a rat blah blah blah..now shes looking to buy a chihuahua..pratt x

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Some people are just plain stupid - so I give stupid people stupid answers, it usually shuts them up!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I hate the "rat" comparison as well. People also say to me, he's not a dog. I then ask them "what is he then?" They always just look at me funny with a loss for words. LOL. I have a lot of people ask me for Quigley's breeder. They see him, decide he is so tiny and cute, then want one as tiny and cute (If they only knew) I would never recommend his breeder after all his genetic issues he has had. Love, love, love my little guy. I thought I'd done the research before getting a new baby. But have learned so much more since I have had him. And learned so much on this thread.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Unfortunately, its just one of those things that will happen all of the time. You'll have to get used to it because some people will just always be ignorant pigs :D

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
My hubby calls Zoey a rat, but affectionately. He adores her. I too have people who want Zoey's breeder, and I tell them I wouldn't give her information to my worst enemy with all the issues Zoey's had. I just take everything said about my little Princess in stride, ignore most, although most people just adore Zoey.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
And the winner response is ............................

....You can always smile sweetly and say "So do you, but I wasn't going to say so!"

Bahahahahaha I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!:hello1:

I think people just think it is incredibly original and incredibly funny, I remember years ago when I was single the biggest chat up line was "me Tarzan you Jane" they always seemed to think it was absolutely hilarious and original :rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
I hate stupid people ! My Granddaughter's other gramma came over the other day and told Her almost 2 yr old grandson to go play with the weird looking puppy ! I just ignored Her BUT HOW STUPID IS THAT .:foxes15:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I hate the "rat" comparison as well. People also say to me, he's not a dog. I then ask them "what is he then?" They always just look at me funny with a loss for words. LOL. I have a lot of people ask me for Quigley's breeder. They see him, decide he is so tiny and cute, then want one as tiny and cute (If they only knew) I would never recommend his breeder after all his genetic issues he has had. Love, love, love my little guy. I thought I'd done the research before getting a new baby. But have learned so much more since I have had him. And learned so much on this thread.
Not to hijack your thread, but Quigley is adorable!! Are there more pix of him somewhere else on the forum?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Some people just have no class! I have actually said that to some, LOL!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I once got into a physical altercation over someone calling my dog a rat, i responded with the equally immature "your mums a rat", needles to say blows insued.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I still have everyone beat, the day that lady drove by me and AJ and screamed out her car window " Get a real dog B**ch"

Dreadful.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I hate stupid people ! My Granddaughter's other gramma came over the other day and told Her almost 2 yr old grandson to go play with the weird looking puppy ! I just ignored Her BUT HOW STUPID IS THAT .:foxes15:
And these people will wonder why this little boy grows up making rude comments and being disrespectful. His grandmother should spend her time teaching him to respect all of God's creatures, animal and human, and teaching him how to treat them. Poor little kid!

Jeanette

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
It is one of those silly comments that people hear somebody else say at some point in time and they find it amusing. I quit taking offense at it because when I really rationalize their comment, I know deep down they mean no harm. They think they are being witty. :)

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
That was pretty bad. Very poor manners.

I don't pay any attn. to strangers, but when it's a little more personal as is the case here then... *shrugs*

·
Registered
26 Posts
Some people are just stupid and say stuff thinking it makes them look cool. I took Chiquita for a walk near the beach but no one really said the rat comment most were comments on how adorable she looked in her dress harness. I did hear one person ask is that a tiny deer? Then they got closer and laughed at how tiny she is. I used to have a small apple head chi who was all black named Bear that my dad would joke he wasn't a dog but a deformed bat cause his ears were so huge but I would say he looked more like a teacup wolf with the way his hair and structure was. Our other chi Peanut he would call the midget great dane but it was all for fun and joking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts