Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
take a bite of food from his dish and scamper away with it? He JUST started doing this and it seems odd. Any ideas? Is this a behavior I should try to correct? If so, how? Thanks a bunch!

Oh yeah and....do puppy's require 3 sets of shots in their series? or is it 4? My vet says 4 but I've been reading otherwise. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco is getting 4 sets of shots - 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, and 15 weeks.

And he also scampers off with his food! He'll grab one piece and take it to a new location and either play with it and then eat it, or just eat it (I think it depends on how hungry he is!) I think it is kind of cute so I don't plan on trying to correct it. He doesn't leave food bits scattered around and as far as I can see he doesn't hide it or anything. :?: Our dogs must be weird! :D

I love the picture of Chevy! He has such pretty coloring and I love his nose!

Anna

·
Registered
365 Posts
i thought Elmo was just weird!! He does this with every meal - he either plays with it or just takes it away from the bowl and eats it there. Maybe its a chihuahua thing as ive never heard of other dogs doing it!!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
oh yeah Kemo does that too....he also takes his biscuits and *tries* to hide them. He will walk around for 10 minutes looking for a spot w/the thing in his mouth, then he *hides* it out in the open (most times) funny how he thinks it's hidden...... :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
It depends on the brand of vaccinations as to how many sets they get. My older dogs go 4 sets but my newer dogs get three with a different brand.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My Luna & Stella are both this way...they would grab a few pieces of food from their bowls and go eat them on the carpet!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good to read that Olivia seems to be amongst good company with her eating habits. She will bring a few bites all the way across the room to munch on them in her bed. I don't plan on stopping her, she seems to be healthy and normal, so I enjoy the show. I see nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry if this is a dead thread but I just had to say Yoshi does the same thing. I've never seen another kind of dog do this. It MUST be a chi thing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Barbie has been taking food out her bowl and taking it to another location and eating it. Now that she is 6 and half months old she takes the "nugget" of food and tosses it up in the air, plays with a while and then eats it. She's been doing that for a while. I just figured it was a "chi" thing. It's funny to watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts