Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sky girl doesn't really want to chew on her kong anymore. :-( I thought it was such a cute toy and it kept her occupied for a while but when I gave it to her the other day she just hid it. I kept trying to give it to her but she only wants to hide it. She will not chew on it or the contents. Do you think she's bored of it? I stopped finding it hoping that she would just go get it when she felt like it but it's been like two days and she hasn't even attempted to get it. Did she forget about it? Should I continue to try to give it to her or will she get annoyed with me lol?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You could try different treats in it. They get tired of their toys just like children. You could put it away for a while and give a different toy that she might have forgot about.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to think that dogs went crazy over any treat. I guess she's just picky. I got a kong wobbler, maybe she'll like that a bit more for now. Right now she has 5 or 6 toys. I want to get her more so I can let her have a variety. I really hope she takes to the kong again because I thought that was a really good toy for her. Thank you for the advice! :D

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Jaxx is like that with the Greenies dental chews.

The first couple times we gave them to him he devoured it and I thought they would be a great thing to help with his dental hygiene. Then after a couple of times giving them to him I found one hidden in his bed when I washed it. Actually I found it in the washer after I washed it but still.

I have been trying to get him to actually chew on them but he is more interested in hiding them.

He seems to get more interested in them if I play with him with them and act like I am trying to keep it away from him (or play fetch with it) It seems if I give it too him as a treat he wants to hide it for later (and then he forgets about it.) If I make it into a game and play with him with them he will get interested it and actually chew on them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol I am going to try that. I think it will be super hilarious if she acts the same way she did when I first gave her the Kong.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
lol I am going to try that. I think it will be super hilarious if she acts the same way she did when I first gave her the Kong.
I don't have a Kong for my chi, but I think you could be very creative if you wanted. Why not instead of putting treats in the Kong, try a bell or something that makes noise. Just make sure she can't get it out & choke on it. Maybe put one of her small stuffed animals in the Kong & see if she tries to get it out.

My chi don't care for playing with toys!! She totally & only into me, but if I get down on the floor and play with her with her stuffed animals, only then will she play with her animals as long as I'm playing with her.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sky is kind of like that too. Only food type toys like the Kong is what she will be independent with. If I give her toys she wants me to play with them with her. Then she'll act like I'm trying steal them and go hide and chew for all of 5 seconds when she'll want me to play with her again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts