Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have two questions for u experts. my charlie is a male that ia about a year and a half now. hes come along way in the socializing and training. one thing i have giving into is letting him sleep in bed with my gf and I. recently he started doing this new thing when he gets into bed. he starts licking us then starts licking the sheets or pillow or even comforter. is this wierd behavior? im guessing its an obbsesive behavior thats causing this but why? my other question is how long of walks do u think he should be going on in the summer? he has a luxating pattela and i give him meds and cartilidge building meds. most of the time i can tell it doesnt bother him. i just dont want to over due him in the summer heat. how long do u think a good walk in the heat for this lil 6 pounder is. he is a short hair too. thank you all who help me

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
He has probably just got into the habit of licking and now its his bedtime routine!!
As to walk in the heat it depends how hot it gets where you are. I never take mine out between 11am-4pm to avoid the midday sun and sometimes not even in the evening if it doesnt cool down enough. Good thing about Chi's is they are happy with just a 20min walk if it really is unbearable outside.;)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
They get into certain routines, and as long as it doesn't bother you, and isn't hurting anyone, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine like to lick me too. They all seem to have quirks, really. That's what makes them so unique and cute. :D Be careful in the Summer heat on too long of a walk. I would go in the early morning, or very late evening. Try about 1/2 mile, and see how your baby is doing. They build up a certain tolerance after awhile, but just take it slow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts