Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made Pablo breakfast this morning, with the wet/dry food, and his meds, came home from work and guess what? He hadn't eaten his food. So I mixed up more food, (without the meds) and tried to feed him on the couch, NOTHING! Now what do I do? Try again at dinner? Just hold out til he eats the w/d? No noises coming from his tummy, pooed for me this morning, but not this afternood. Oh his pooh's much better last might and this morning! I'm so frustrated! :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
I made Pablo breakfast this morning, with the wet/dry food, and his meds, came home from work and guess what? He hadn't eaten his food. So I mixed up more food, (without the meds) and tried to feed him on the couch, NOTHING! Now what do I do? Try again at dinner? Just hold out til he eats the w/d? No noises coming from his tummy, pooed for me this morning, but not this afternood. Oh his pooh's much better last might and this morning! I'm so frustrated! :?
we must have posted at the same time, i started a how's pablo thread lol...(i'll delete it since now i know...)


yep just hold out until he eats. do you warm it up? it may help.... as for the meds, give what he likes but just enough to hide the meds inside of it so he'll eat that but after all his meds are gone no more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is so funny!!! O.k., I pulled up his food. I did not think to warm it up, so I'll try that at dinner time. He hasn't eaten since yesterday at about 5:30/6:00 o'clock. What am I gonna do with this boy? So you haven't heard from the breeder? I'd email her and just say that you don't want to bug her you just was wondering if she had a chance to think about your offer. I'm praying you'll get Skylar! Let me know!!!!! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
I had to warm Gadget's food up in the microwave when We were giving him canned food... Now I melt cheese over his food at dinner time and he chows it...

good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
Just keep at it pablo will eat when he is hungry - and soon enough he will eat it, maybe warmed - just leave it down for him and he'll soon have a sniff at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I heated up the wet food just a little and even added a very little bit of plain old chicken baby food... HE ATE DINNER!!!!!!!! (*BIG, HUGE, SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!) Thank you for the advice. I was beginning to panic! Such a worrywart! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
Well I heated up the wet food just a little and even added a very little bit of plain old chicken baby food... HE ATE DINNER!!!!!!!! (*BIG, HUGE, SIGH OF RELIEF!!!!) Thank you for the advice. I was beginning to panic! Such a worrywart! :wink:

yeah you are.... but aren't we all :D nothing wrong with worrying. it shows you care.

hows his tummy doing? if you have to add a small amount of something to lure him to eat (especially the meal with his panacur) that is fine, after the meds just keep lessening the amount you add until it's gone and he's eating his food without a second thought. i feel you are on the right track with getting his tummy troubles fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
It is always good to have a jar of "Gerber chicken sticks" around just in case they dont want to eat. They never refuse it! :) I know you are relieved! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His tummy is feeling much, much better! Thank you for asking! No noises and his pooh's are like I've never seen before. I feel like we just may be on the right track. (knock on wood) He felt so good last night, he wass going crazy! I don't believe he's ever been like that! Plus he takes his meds like a little champ! :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
His tummy is feeling much, much better! Thank you for asking! No noises and his pooh's are like I've never seen before. I feel like we just may be on the right track. (knock on wood) He felt so good last night, he wass going crazy! I don't believe he's ever been like that! Plus he takes his meds like a little champ! :tongue:
that is super!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rachel-Thank you sooo much! No you haven't seen my little Pablo-YET- I'm gonna try to get some pictures posted sometime this weekend, he wants to show off his handsome self! LOL He's such a little ham!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
good, we need to see some pics of the lil devil who's makin his mama worry so much ("aunt mandy" over here to lol. oh yes i'm givin myself that title. i worried over him i earned it.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are so right Mandy, you have earned the title! You held my hand every step of the way! Oh how can I re-pay you? Did you hear from the breeder yet?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! (Pablo has his paws crossed!) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
You are so right Mandy, you have earned the title! You held my hand every step of the way! Oh how can I re-pay you? Did you hear from the breeder yet?
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! (Pablo has his paws crossed!) :p
no word yet.... but she is a night owl, and i'll probably wake up to an e-mail....

repay me by moving to jersey lol so i won't need no stinkin pictures :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jersey? Are you crazy? It's way tooooo cold in the winter! I'm a true southern girl! I hate 70 degree weather!!!!! U come to Florida! We have wonderful hurricanes!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
Jersey? Are you crazy? It's way tooooo cold in the winter! I'm a true southern girl! I hate 70 degree weather!!!!! U come to Florida! We have wonderful hurricanes!!!!!!

i sweat there lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
Pablo's Mommy said:
but you could tan as well, better than being an ice cube!
that is true, i am a bit pastey and need some color.... but i'd rather be cold, you can add all the layers you need and still be decent. you can only take off so much and then that is just wrong (especially me takin it off lol)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No way, you can't move with all those winter clothes on! Give me a bathing suit, the beach, a nice cold drink and we're all good! I'm tryin to get some good pictures of Pablo, but all of a sudden he's camera shy! If I don't post any tonight, then tomorrow! I hope!
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top