Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female is fairly young and hasn't come into heat for a bit(Dunno her last heat as I adopted her)... Will have an intact male around cause her to come into heat? I'm NOT trying to make her come into heat, but she's been playing with my male (SUPERVISED) and not sure if he would make her come into heat..

Thanks

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
i don't think so but another unaltered female can cause another female to go into heat my one female only goes into heat once per year but if they spend a lot of time together (one lives with my b/f) then Prada brings Baby into heat early.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
No offense, but it sounds like you're playing with fire. Unless you are planning to RESPONSIBLY breed (e.g. you are learning about the breed, showing your dogs, have plans to keep them entirely separate during heat cycles and know what signs to watch for when they need to be separated, until they have been HEALTH TESTED and are of the APPROPRIATE AGE), one or the other, or both, should be neutered/spayed immediately.

No, a male "playing" with a female will not cause her to come into heat. Just the fact that you asked that question makes me think you HAVEN'T thought this through, so I apologize if you have. But seriously...don't play with fire and your babies lives...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
No offense, but it sounds like you're playing with fire. Unless you are planning to RESPONSIBLY breed (e.g. you are learning about the breed, showing your dogs, have plans to keep them entirely separate during heat cycles and know what signs to watch for when they need to be separated, until they have been HEALTH TESTED and are of the APPROPRIATE AGE), one or the other, or both, should be neutered/spayed immediately.

No, a male "playing" with a female will not cause her to come into heat. Just the fact that you asked that question makes me think you HAVEN'T thought this through, so I apologize if you have. But seriously...don't play with fire and your babies lives...
^^^^ Exactly! Desex please :hello1:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I agree with kristi

You obviously haven't researched about heat cycles etc which anyone with an intact animal should have!! Spay her and neuter your boy the benefits are immense!!

You said you adopted her?? Did you adopt her from a rescue as I was under the impression they were all spayed before being rehomed

If you have recently got her a change if environment can't cause them to go into heat early!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Yes I have heard a new male or surroundings can send
them into heat.Its a survival mode.
My OH`s friend ended up with 7 husky pups that way!
Call your vet and make her a christmas present spay apt!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts