Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARGH!

I told hubby not to let him by the cat food today, I have his bowl on the opposite side of the apartment for that fact but!

hubby wasn't watching and he ate a few pieces of dry cat food.....seems okay according to hubby but....welll....

Will it harm him?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Not if it was just a couple bites but I would not reccommend you feed your dog cat food because the formula is totally different in cat food then dog food. Please tell your hubby that cat food will make your pup sick (leave out the rest about it not really being harmful if they get little bits....I find it best to tell my male roommates the worse case senario with my dogs b/c thats all they listen to...lol)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....lol.

I already know about the different formula stuff that is why I was asking....lol.

Guess I need to switch the cats from dry to wet fully so he doesn't mistake it for kibble.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
We keep our cat food up out of reach of the chis.
The cats have a big wooden box that their food is on in the kitchen. It's about 3 feet high.
The dogs food is on the floor in the living room.
If you drop a piece of cat food on the floor the dogs will scarf it up.
I have 1 cat that will eat the dog food but he doesn't try to eat it all the time, just once in a while.

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
lol mine have grabbed a few pieces before aswell we usually have to feed the cat up on the kitchen surface (not the section we use to prepare food :D )

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he's learned now because today he was heading towards the cat food and the eldest cat cut him off by hissing and swiping at him WITH HER CLAWS!

Usually she only swipes him without paws to show him not to mess with her but today she did it with claws.....glad I was home to see it....was totally funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts