Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sunday i am going to pick up my first male chi! I am SOOOOOOOO excited however last night someting struck my mind. Being a male chi (sorry to use this exqression) will he " hump" things like soft toys???!! I have visions of grandma sitting on the couch and my little chi "humping" something! It probably woud give her a heartattack or
atleast make her teeth fall out (sorry bad joke) anyway what do you thnk????????????

Please help!!!

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Both girl and boy dogs can hump things - it's not exclusively a boy thing. If you get him neutered, that will eliminate most/all of the humping although sometimes dogs do it to show dominance. I know Bosco used to do it to his Big Red Dog stuffed animal. :roll:

Congratulations and good luck with your new pup! Bet you can't wait till Sunday, huh?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
You might try not getting him any toys that are bigger than he is. Ya know like stuffed animals.
I actually think it is a discusting habit and I have caught Sandy doing it exactly 2 times and yelled at her both times. Sandy will be a year old next month.
If you find something he is doing it to, take it away. Stop the habit early and be consistant.

·
Registered
365 Posts
excessive humping

well, elmo started humping things at about 6 months old but now that he has been neutred he never ever does it. neither does he mark his territory.

my little roo is 8 months and hasnt been neutred and is a compulsive humper!!!! he has a teddy bear whivh he drags around with him and "does it" in different rooms!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Re: excessive humping

gembabes24-AT-hotmail.com said:
well, elmo started humping things at about 6 months old but now that he has been neutred he never ever does it. neither does he mark his territory.

my little roo is 8 months and hasnt been neutred and is a compulsive humper!!!! he has a teddy bear whivh he drags around with him and "does it" in different rooms!!!!
LOL awwwwwww :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Oh I am so glad this subject came up. I have had Daytona for 2 1/2 years. He never humped or marked territory in the house. Lady will hump him but i know its a dominance thing. now the big question I have Sturgis, he lifts his leg in house and his little umm Lipstick comes out sometimes. Now I have never dealt with this with Daytona (my golden child) he he. How do i get this behavior to stop. I tell him no when i see him lifting leg and put him outside he has cut down. i just have to keep all eyes on him when he isnt on couch resting. the only humper i have is Lady lol she does it to them

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Stuart has humped since a tiny baby. He was humping when I went to see him for the first time. Before the girls in his life came to live with us... he had a favorite stuffed dog (Muffin) he humped like crazy. Then when I got my older daughter for graduation from college a chi called Stella he was in love. She grew to be 4 pounds much bigger then him. Stella would never allow him to get wild with her. She would just accept kisses only. He had to deal with it and just would mess around with Muffin when he felt the need. Then when Isabella came here he was great. He would get excited over her at times but that quick he would get distracted and leave her alone. He has really calmed down a lot and
I hope things stay that way....lol
Stella and Isabella have never humped....thank god!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts