Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My chi is now 7 months old and 12 inches long.

Will he get any longer?? did your chi's grow longer after this age??

Im asking as i would like to buy him a new jumper, the one ive seen will fit him perfect in the length now but if he is gonna grow then he wont get much wear out of it.

Thanks xx

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
If I remember correctly, neither Tango nor Jazz changed much in length after 7 or 8 months. Their legs got a bit longer, making them taller but I don't recall much change at all in their length. The major changes between that age till they matured was their overall weight. They continued to add weight, though much more slowly, and their body configurations became more defined. They got thicker through the chest (more barrel chested) with a distinctive tucked in tummy, losing the generalized sausage shape their bodies originally had as puppies and teenagers.

Both mine are rescues, and I rescued Tango when he was 7 1/2 months. At that age, he was 2.7 lbs. His mature weight is 3.5 pounds. For the most part, the clothes that fit him then still fit, if they were loose enough. As I said, he thickened up around the shoulders and chest, so if the clothing item (and one harness as I recall.....it was a ferret harness I think, so it was pretty narrow) had no give in the body, he couldn't continue to wear it. But if it was stretchy, he still wears it today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts