Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, As I said before I am getting another little girl in two days. I already have a 10 month old girl named Princess. Her and I are best friends and she has come to mean more to me than I ever could have imagined. That being said a friend of mine has bred champion bulldogs in the past. In his opinion I am making a mistake by getting a second one because he thinks Princess will not have such a strong bond with me anymore and will be more bonded with the other puppy. I know many of you have more than one chi baby. What is your opinion on this? Do you loose a little bit of your special bond with your first baby? Thanks in advance for your advice.
:wave:
http://photobucket.com/albums/y197/misszora/
www.dogster.com/?107037

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Ive got three girls now but the most i had at once was 4 girls, you love them all the same but for many different reasons as they each have their own beautiful personalities :)

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i was afraid for that too, i posted a similar question a few months ago :wink:
you will have a special bond with both of them.
and they will love you just as much as before. when you are home all their attention will be focused on you ...believe me :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Congrats on your soon to be new baby.

I have never lost a bond with my dogs because I had more then one.

At one time I had 12 dog's rescues of coures but do you know how much time it takes to care for 12 abused dogs and 2 chihuahuas are use to being the center of attention? It's hard but my bond with them was never lost it made me realize how special they were to me and how happy they were never being abused.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
When we got Ritz, Sadie just wanted to bond even more. Even though they do love each other and entertain each other all day long, at the end of the day they both just want to be around us, and I don't see a reduction in our bond, just a little jealousy between the two on occasion, but there is two of us and two of them so it works out great =)

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
My bond with Bosco was immediate and it has strengthened since getting Lola. He is very protective of me. My bond with Lola formed more slowly. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but at first I didn't know if I would love her as much as I do Bosco, but now .... jeez that little thing has wiggled her way into my heart just as much as Bosco!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I only have Gadget. I won't be getting another chi for a long time if ever...

I did want to tell you Good luck with your new baby... I am sure the 3 of you will bond beautifully...

Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You will not lose Bosco to you new chi. The bond between you and Bosco will remain I have 3 and they all still look to me for attention. the only change is they have play mates. I actually think its beneficial to have 2 chis. When you are not avaliable they have a playmate to fall back on

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
The bond changes to me.....not necessarily bad but Kemo is so insanely jealous :roll: Kemo and I are still tight but its a strain cause I always have to comfort his insecurities and it gets tiring and it made it very hard to get my bond with Bindi. He was always in my face interferring. Finally Kemo will let us have some time together and I am learning when to steal time with her. I also feel bad cause she is just a happy carefree puppy that wants in on all the "good times" and Kemo sometimes will chase her away and I feel so darn bad :( -- I usually go get her and make it work out.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
janiebabes said:
You will not lose Bosco to you new chi. The bond between you and Bosco will remain I have 3 and they all still look to me for attention. the only change is they have play mates. I actually think its beneficial to have 2 chis. When you are not avaliable they have a playmate to fall back on
Bosco is not Princess's momma new dog-- its Boogaloo's boy :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts