Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not complaining as our collie is a right barker, but Pixel (formerly Gizmo) never makes a peep. Do they learn to bark? Do some never bark?

·
Registered
244 Posts
omg same with layla! riley never stops barking and crying, and layla has yet to make a peep, unless riley wakes her up when shes sleeping, then she gets all crazy satan dog on him

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Zoey didn't start barking until she was about 7-9 months old then she only woofs occasionally, Sebastian barked at spiders in the wall.

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
Chico took awhile to actually bark... he would quietly "woof woof"... but nothing very loud.... he still isn't a barker (thankfully) but he does 'guard' the house.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
mimi is already 1 and still only barks once in a while, she wont bark another dog only whines but she has no problem barking at my brother or dad lol

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yeah, she will learn to bark. But don't rush it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Don't encourage it, Godric barks to hear himself bark. She'll bark when she needs/wants to.

Also others may not bark but make noise, my girl doesn't bark so much as she sings/cries.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i never heard one bark out of Tootsie till she was around 9 months. She's still pretty quiet, just barks every once in a while. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would be happy if Wizard and my Sheltie forgot how to bark sometimes. :rolleyes: :lol: Willow is pretty quiet unless she feels the need to bark which isn't very often. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
OMG! I swore I wouldn't let Maya become a yippy little dog, but at 6 months, she barks at every unknown noise, and objects that are questionable to her. I'm still working with her to shush her up quickly, and I do wish I had your "problem" of a non-barker, lol. Although she is a really good alarm...she starts barking before my doberman if someone comes up the driveway.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey didn't bark until she was about a year old.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts