Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will your furkid not eating sometime? Look like my dog not interesting with the food anymore...
Usually i feed him every morning 10am and night 8pm, he eat all... but this 2 days he begin not eat at all. He not sick, no teething(I check) in fact running here and there to play.( He run like the Dash who's in the Animated movie "THE INCREADIBLE"!) Will a sick dog do that?
I don't want to add any thing in the food to stir his appetite.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
They get days like that--dont worry. My dog went 4 days being stubborn but they get hungry eventually!

As long as you see no other symptoms then all should be ok.....they have off days sometimes

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gaadget did that when I changed his food... The only bad part is the can food went bad so i couldn't mix it together, so he had a new taste to deal with and he wouldn't eat it.... I finally got him to eat by the end of the day. thank god because he was only 5 weeks at the time. he since then has chowed his food... I just leave it on the floor in his dish so he can eat all day long... He doesn't like to eat a lot at a tiime and he eats slow.... Thank god that he is eating dry food now and I don't have to mix water in it.
good luck..... :wink:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
They do get picky like that. I noticed it more with Auggie when he was younger ( Under 6months ) AS long as he seems ok I wouldn't worry too much yet :roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok then, seem everyone's dog have this kind of attitude, i feel more confortable letting him not eating for sometime...

I will prefer not let dog train us instead of we train the dog. We oon't change food for him or add any thing in just to stir him to eat, eventually he will know U LOVE HIM SO MUCH, THAT HE CAN BEGIN MORE FUSSY ON FOOD THEN BEFORE! :?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Please dont worry about the eating..I posted a very similar post about 3 weeks ago. Poppy didnt eat for 3 days! I was so worried but the vet told me this; no dog will starve itself if there is food available. He told me to put the food down and leave it for 10 minutes. If they eat, ok. If not, take the food away, dont let it sit there for the whole day. At the next meal, put the food down again for 10 minutes only. Soon the dog will realise that she had better eat it when its available!! Dont change the food alot too...I made the mistake of giving Poppy all kinds of things to try to get her to eat, but this is only making it worse.Stick with one type (treats are ok occasionally) and dont worry...I know it is horrible when they dont eat but as long as they are full of energy and their poop and pee is ok....then it really is ok...hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Daytona does that but i always give him nutrical when he wont eat just to get some protien in him. We travel and our furbaby suitcase consists of a tube of Nutrical, Zantac, greenies, food and water their monthly sentinal tab, and a tube of Laxatone. Nutrical is the one thing i make sure i have plenty of especially when you have new pups that arent eating up to par or getting Hypoglycemia

1 - 15 of 15 Posts