Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Willow to the vet because I had a feeling that she had this since she has been walking bowed legged and of course I was right. She will have to have surgery on both legs. She has stage 4 on her left and stage 3 on her right. I don't want to hold off because the vet said if I wait tooo long she will have early arthritis in her knees, because the cartilage will start giving her major problems. so I don't want that for her. They were able to pop in the right leg but the left wouldn't stay in. Sooo I will get her scheduled for Oct. They surgeon travels all over to do this surgery. He has been doeing this for years and specializes in olny this surgery. Even the Vets own Chi had it done by this surgeon so I feel good about him. It just hasn't been Willows year. I hope next year is better for her.

Lori

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear about Willow. ((((hugs)))) Please keep us posted on how she is doing. I will keep her (and you) in my thoughts and prayers. My Willow, Sassie and Aries send puppy hugs and kisses her way.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this news! Poor little Willow..but it is good you found a good surgeon who is experienced. Keep us posted on your little sweetie

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh No poor Willow. I'm glad you have the best guy around to do the surgery. I will be sending (((((HUGS))))) and Prayers your way. Kay & Zoey

·
Banned
728 Posts
So sorry to hear about Willow LOri ,She is 1 of my faves on the site. When I got nya so young and my vet found out who I got her from,the 1st thinnng he did was examine her knees for luxtating patellas and to his surprise she was fine.HUgs going out to you and Willow from Nya and I!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks soo much for all your prayers and well wishes for Willow and me :) I think this is really the best thing for her at this point. I hate the thought of surgery but if it will cure her problem then it really needs to be done before any further issues arise. I will prolly have it done in Oct. I will let you all know when we have it done.

Lori

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oh poor Willow!! I hope the surgery goes well!! Keeffie might also need surgery, but I'm so scared.:( May I ask how old she is?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh poor Willow!! I hope the surgery goes well!! Keeffie might also need surgery, but I'm so scared.:( May I ask how old she is?
Willow is only 8.5 months. So she is a young girl. I think I will still get a second opinion. They always say to get one. Even though I really trust our vet I would like to know what another thinks about this.

Lori

L

·
0 Posts
luxating patellas

I took Willow to the vet because I had a feeling that she had this since she has been walking bowed legged and of course I was right. She will have to have surgery on both legs. She has stage 4 on her left and stage 3 on her right. I don't want to hold off because the vet said if I wait tooo long she will have early arthritis in her knees, because the cartilage will start giving her major problems. so I don't want that for her. They were able to pop in the right leg but the left wouldn't stay in. Sooo I will get her scheduled for Oct. They surgeon travels all over to do this surgery. He has been doeing this for years and specializes in olny this surgery. Even the Vets own Chi had it done by this surgeon so I feel good about him. It just hasn't been Willows year. I hope next year is better for her.

Lori
Aw, sorry Willow (and you) have to go through this. I had a Chi who had that surgery when he was 14 months old. Had to wait eight weeks between surgeries. Hardest thing was keeping him quiet after surgery. He recovered quickly and completely. I hope Willow does, too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts