Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nine degree (F) temperature this morning, chunky ice spots on the sidewalks, rock salt spread everywhere, and mounds of frozen snow piled up at every street crossing. We are not enjoying our walks at all this week. :(

·
Registered
477 Posts
Boy, I can identify! I have a bad case of the winter blahs!!! Had the flu the first part of December. Took forever to get going again. Then had nasty weather, ice, snow, cold, windy, yuck!! Last weekend, I fell and banged up both feet. Had to go to the emergency room, get x-rays, the whole nine yards. Nothing broken, but little old ladies shouldn't do belly flops in their own living room! Couldn't get around for a few days and am still kind of creeping. We're supposed to get snow again this week. No walkies at our house. I am SO ready for spring!!!

Jeanette

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
No snow or ice here but it was still 29 degrees this morning. My girls refused to go to potty:foxes15: opted for pee pad instead. Doesnt feel like Florida at all.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm just mad that I finally got some winter clothing from the malfunction furnace mess house and then I come down with raspy throat problems probably due to the toxic fumes I was exposed to. So now I am chronically coughing due to the irritation. I really wanted to go snow shoeing.

I've gotten really tired of being a "shut in", having my hobbies stored out in boxes at my place and having almost nothing but a cat to hug and the internet.
I watched 13 episodes of total drama action yesterday.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ugh. I agree! Winter is definitely BLAAAAH. I like when it snows for the holidays, but that's it! Over my way, it is 12°, but feels like -1°. We'll be having a few snow showers throughout the day. It will only get to a high of 13°! We have lots of wind too, which makes potty breaks hard and walks impossible :sad3:. Yesterday we had a low of -7°. It's terrible! :foxes15: I am so ready for spring too!

P.S. GO STEELERS!!! :D

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I understand how you feel. We're averaging single digit temperatures with windchill factor of minus 20 below zero. Lots of ice with snow, enough to make people slip and fall in parking lots, on sidewalks, driveways, almost everywhere. Driving is terrible, especially when I have to drive to and from work. It usually takes me an hour to drive one way to work in good weather during rush hour. However, this inclement weather increases my travel time. Now I average 1.5 hour one way to or from work. On bad snow days, it takes me on average 2 hours to drive to or from work.

The worst thing about winters is that my chis can't go outside for their walks since it's too cold and dangerous for them. Thankfully, they are trained to use puppy pads during inclement weather. But Bella and Lina are getting cabin fever being stuck inside our home. :(

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Ugh! We have been skipping our walk. We usually go up a huge hill behind our house but I doubt I could make it up there with all the snow! We miss the park =( We have been going but it's not as fun when it's freezing lol. SPRING is almost here!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It has been brutally cold here, lots of wind, and alot more snow than usual. Pedro tolerates it pretty well, but Gracie runs and potties really quick and then comes and sits on my feet or gets me to pick her up and put her inside my coat. A walk is out of the question, for all of us.

I can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Winter here has been pretty harsh so far, although we did see sun for about 20minutes yesterday morning. Now its just cold and wet (typical English weather) Just hope we don't see any more snow, as that really screws us up....lol :(
Bottomed out here in December at -13degrees, now were happy if it hits 2degrees

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Im hating this weather too. Jan/Feb I think have to be the most miserable months of the year. Its awful being stuck inside so much, the chis and I are all going stir crazy. We always have really weird weather here and it had been very mild, we even had one day in the 70s the first week of Jan. Now its bitterly cold, horrible arctic wind, plenty of snow, and below zero temps :( Soooooooooo ready for spring!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts