Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, apparently in the UK, this winter is going to be freeezzzinnngg. Thats bad enough for us humans, but what about our tiny little chi friends?!
Chloe has one thick coat, and 2 woolen jumpers. Im about to purchase some little boots for her, and im going to buy a waterproof full body coat.
What else are some winter must-haves for our little chihuahuas?

Thank You Muchly! :)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I was thinking exactly the same thing!
Bambi only has dresses and Harley has T-shirts, so they both need a winter wardrobe. I was thinking of making them a fleece coat, and then having a separate waterproof one to put on top for rainy days.
I have tried a few pet shop coats on and Bambi is unimpressed. They are both very active, her especially, and they all seem to restrict her movement. There isn't much choice in her size (XXS she is only 3.5lbs and 8" tall) which is why I was considering making something. I do have knitting patterns, but wasn't sure if just a jumper would be warm enough. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Heidi has a nice padded body warmer coat that goes under her jacket harness (which I count as an extra layer!!LOL). Then a couple of t shirts if I think she might benefit from layering. Although TBH if its really icy cold she will seize up after about 20 minutes anyways and not be able to walk farther. Usually i just take her across the road to my unfenced park on her flexi for about 10 minutes then walk the other 2 seperately as Adams long coated and doesnt feel the cold too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts