Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm a new owner of a 20 wk old chi named Guinness. He is quite small - weighing in at about 3lbs. Anyhow, I live in Ontario where we get some pretty cold weather as well as snow. I need to get Guinness something for winter that will keep him warm when he goes outside to do his business. I have a coat but it doesn't cut high enough and he pee's on the bottom part of the jacket when he squats (he doesn't lift his leg yet - if he ever will, I don't know.)

Anyone have a suggestion of a good warm brand of jacket that is cut high enough under the belly so he doesn't pee on it?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
i so no how you feel my boy Clarince has the same problem , i haven't found a coat yet that he cant wee on so i made some myself with the belly bands higher up , you could try making your own out of an old tracksuit sleeve .

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
try different jacket/sweaters on at the pet shops all of the jackets I have for Ninja he never pees on I got some online some at the center booths at the malls in toronto he lifts his leg though I remember when he was younger he would pee on his sweaters I would safety pin that part up a bit more

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm - that's a good idea. What about making it weather proof? For example, if it's snowing, he's going to get wet quite quickly. I suppose I could try and make something. I just thought I'd ask if anyone had found something suitable for their chi.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
All you have to do is cut the underside and resew it so it's shorter... Or like mentioned above... Safety pin it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts