Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just to show everyone what we're dealing with, I went out (and brought Betty) to get pictures!

So over the last few days (started Sunday night) we've gotten over 120cms of snow. I went to work yesterday AM, took me 20mins to dig out my car and 45mins to get to work (normally a 15min drive). I didn't even get to work today. They were considering calling a State Of Emergency! They didn't end up doing so, but my boss said we'd just stay closed today (only she and I can open the store, and she's in Kitchener). I guess they're calling for another 20+cm overnight, and our Mayor has asked all employers to please tell all staff to stay home so they can clear the roads. The local transit has also been shut down (8pm last night, ran this AM until 3pm and not running at all tomorrow).

We shall see if I have to go in, it will depend on how bad the roads are. I live on a side road and they don't plow those often.

Anyways, on to the pics!

These are all from this morning, so there is even more snow now.

The back of my car - snow is now over my windshield completely.

My cousins pickup, parked beside my car, also more covered now.

The backyard. That fence at the back comes up just past my chest. The snow is almost overtop of it now.

Betty says "Howy crap."

"Can we pweese just go homez now?"

Front of the truck.

Neighbours car from our driveway. The drifts this AM were so high they came to my boyfriends waist, he's about 6'.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hahaha we have no snow here :p i feel bad for you guys but lucky you got a few days off my work would never be able to give me a day off due to me working at a nursing home lol

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Not sure what they were doing, but LOOK AT ALL THE SNOW!!

Betty has had quite enough, thank you.

So have we! LOL

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, and that was this AM! It's worse now. :S

We haven't had mail delivered since last Friday! There's just no where for the post people to walk!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
"howy cwap" indeed! :lol:
wow stay safe! thats no joke of a snow...last time it snowed i almost crashed my car because it was so slippery when i was turning the wheel

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I wish we would get some snow. It has snowed twice here in 30 years. :lol: Betty you better get your little hiney back inside. You are gonna fweeze it off. :lol:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wow, you guys really got buried. Poor little Betty, that's a lot of snow for a wittle chi to handle!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
WOW! thats a lot of snow!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Betty!!!!! I love her!

I'm so envious of those of you who get snow, but that is a bit more than I could handle. Lol!
I hope it starts to clear up for you. It's sorta scary.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
**** that's well bad and to think we became a stand still for 3 days with 10 inches hilarious at least your roads get cleared ours and pavements are sheets of ice!!!

How did Betty walk on top ofit mine were under it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts