Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, now, due to the winter weather closing in, im trying to pre-empt what my chi will do. as she shivers outside as it is, i thought i would try to teach her to poop in a litter tray, so when its toe curling weather she doesnt have to venture on the ice. now the thing is, apart from sitting her in it any saying wee wees i dont know what else to do so she knows its ok to do her business in the tray. she does do sneeky accidents in the house anyway if im not watching her, so its not like she hates going inside. by the way shes just over 6 months old. any ideas will be v, helpful. lol xxx

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Why would you do that?? Shell learn very quickly when it gets really cold to wee quickly!! Teaching her to go indoors breaks all housetraining you've done and send a lot of confusion to her!! If your that worried put a jumper on her

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Mine all have little coats they wear out and they all go out to potty. The poor boys are only just getting the hang of it now and its just getting cold/snowy ha ha ha.

I would not start teaching her to use pee pads -- they are just bad lol. I regret ever teaching mine to use them...deeply. LOL.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Mine both go outside (I personally don't want them using wee wee pads) and we get some really cold weather/snow. I just put coats on them on the coldest days and shovel a path for them and they are in and out very fast.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm not sure how cold it gets there, but if you don't want to have to re-train her, I'm sure a little coat and a fast potty will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Lily goes out in inches of snow,has a 15 min walk in the snow if it's really bad with a thick coat on ,she loves it

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Midgie goes outside and she doesn't like it if it's really cold so I say "HUrry UP & PeePee". The catch to getting her to go is me standing out there on the front porch with her. If she gives me a hard time about going which she usually don't then I try again later while keeping a close eye on her.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Potty time is going considerably faster with my two since the cooler weather has set in! I stagger outside with them at 5 a.m. every morning, and most of the time they've finished their business before I'm awake enough to find my way back inside!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts