Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey One of my wisdom teeth is trying to come through and it hurts:foxes15::sad2: I took a pain pill which is why I am up at 3:37 am.I hate that I can't get it took out I don't have no insurance so I have to deal with it does anyone know how I fill or know what to do about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey i am a dentist, its called pericoronitis. it doesn't need filling if it is not decayed, the pain comes from bacteria in food debris getting trapped under the flap of gum over the tooth (which is bound to happen) and causing an inflammatory reaction. obviously i can't tell how bad it is without seeing it, but If you cant get to a dentist, best thing u can do is give it a really good brush (even though its sore) and start doing a salty mouthrinse (teaspoon of salt dissolved in hot water) every 4 hours, more often if you can & especially after eating. it should resolve in a few days..... Hope it helps. let me know!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot.But my wisdom tooth hasn't even came in it is trying to come in.Trying to push throught the skin and all.It is swollen and all.Thanks again but it is not a cavity or anything I have had them before.It is just my wisdom tooth trying to come through I don't think it is going to come through lol it hurts soooo bad.You see I am 18 so they are just starting to come through.Thanks God I only have one bothering me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My wisdom tooth did the same thing, for years. It kept getting infected and hurt like nothing else! Advil or any anti inflammatory will help a lot. I ended up having it taken out along with the other 2 (for some reason I only had 3) that hadn't come through yet. Because I have asthma and a heart murmur they did it in a hospital. It was a horrible recovery. I've had two kids, naturally, been cut open hip to hip needing 17 staples to close, twice (ovarian cysts and hysterectomy). I would pick any one of those than doing my wisdom teeth again. My point you ask? Listen to the advice that was given and take EXTRA good care of your mouth! You don't want to have that surgery! I really hope you feel better soon. I know how you feel, it isn't fun at all.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Funny you should post this, I actually spent the morning on the phone with my insurance deliberating a visit to the oral surgeon.

If you're 18 and they're already bothering you that can't be good :( Hopefully yours grow in straight, my are impacting? Basically they're growing in under my current teeth so it makes my entire head hurt and I have a constant headache and they have to be removed.

Ugh, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Maybe you could meet with a dentist and make payments? Tell them your situation and see if they could work with you? Or get a credit card and put it on there and then pay it off slowly over time. I don't think that problems like that just go away on their own and it could get worse and end up costing more money in the long run than if you just deal with it now.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm sorry your tooth is hurting. :( Take some Aleve. That will work better than Tylenol for something like that. Orajel may help too.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Maybe you could meet with a dentist and make payments? Tell them your situation and see if they could work with you? Or get a credit card and put it on there and then pay it off slowly over time. I don't think that problems like that just go away on their own and it could get worse and end up costing more money in the long run than if you just deal with it now.
Tracy is right, without x rays there is no real way to tell if they're growing in correctly and as my dentist put it, "that can mess up your entire grill."

Many dentists will allow payments under the circumstances and I think with the economy the way it is they'd love to take any money rather than no money. Perhaps if you could make a down payment or like Tracey suggested a low interest credit card.

Your teeth are with you the rest of your life :(

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all.They are growing right as of a year ago.I just got out of braces about a year ago and my ortho said that they where straight and could come in.But he did not listen when I told him that they where trying to come through some because I could feel them.He said no they ain't far enough up to start coming through he said it would be another year are something well now they are trying to come through and I hope they do come through but I am not sure if they are.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Is there a Western Dental in your area?? I had a tooth that was killing me, I'm very pain intolerant so I was on the phone the same day making an appointment asap. I went to the nearest Western dental and without blabbering on too much, my bill was $1400 and I paid $100 a month. No insurance here either.

Good luck and keep us updated! :ngreet2:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is feeling better today not hurting much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts