Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Wiz Dog (after hearing about it on these boards), so I thought I'd post my review of the product for all those wondering about this product.

More information about this product can be found at: www.wizdog.com , and here are some pictures:

Basically, the product claims the following:

Wizdog is a new revolutionary housetraining system for dogs. Consisting of a durable plastic pan and fitted grate, liquid waste dispenses through the grate onto newspaper or pee pad, separated from your dog's paws - No more wet paw tracks throughout your house! Solid waste stays on top of the grate, so you never have to touch it. Just flip the grate, and it's gone. That's it!

My main complaint is that it doesn't really prevent a dog from chewing up the pads as the plastic grate is not held down and it is very light in weight. Even my 2 pound puppy could lift it up if she wanted to and get to the pad/newspaper underneath to tear it up. This was annoying, due to the fact that I bought this with the hopes it would prevent her from chewing up her pads!

Also, I've found it difficult to train my 2 chis to go on this. They are both trained to go on pee pads, but I've found that whenever I put the Wiz Dog down they will just go on the floor next to it. I think it is the grate that throws them off. But I do admit I haven't put too much effort into training them with it so far as I've been busy, but it will be my goal for the next week to train them on it with much more effort.

But, one plus is the fact that it DOES live up to the claim that it prevents paw prints on the floor due to walking in pee -- which is a big annoyance in my house!

Hope this helps anyone who was wondering about the Wiz Dog!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
mm i would never buy it ...

-firstly in my house are 7 potty pads ...so that would be an expensive affair :D

-i think they wouldn't like going on it

- more things to wash off .....it will smell in time

- i don't have paw prints in the house :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Nat, I feel the same way. Just one more think I would have to wash and keep clean. No way, I'm too lazy. :lol:

Seriously, Jazzy is doing exceptionally well with going outside during the day and using the potty pad at night. She hasn't had an accident for over 2 months, so I figure why mess with a good thing? :lol:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I place the pooch pad on top of the grid and tuck in the rest on the bottom of the grid and tape it no need to clean as often.the rest of the pooch pads i just add several tapes so they won't move .

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
but that is not the idea the wizz is after :? you can just as easily tape the pad on the floor then ......or am i missing something :?:

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I just use it that way seen it has worked for my chis and can be used when i am away from home.At first my younger chi had it in her crate cause she would move the pad or tear it so thats where i would use it know i place it outside of her crate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts