Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there 馃憢馃徎 I have a new puppy, she was born 02/27/20. I was told she is chihuahua but the vet definitely thinks she鈥檚 terrier. What do you think?

I love her no matter what she is but would love to know what personality traits she may have. She definitely doesn鈥檛 act all chi!

Thank you.
Carly

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I think she has both in her... she looks like chihuahua terrier mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for your reply. I鈥檓 considering getting her a genetic test down the road when I have the $ to do so. I think she is definitely chi-mix :)

Registered
Hi
I also agree with your opinion, when love, no longer distinguish what it is, whatever it is, your dog is also very cute offline.
I thought it was chi-mix

Registered
Thank you so much for your reply. I鈥檓 considering getting her a genetic test down the road when I have the $ to do so. I think she is definitely chi-mix :)
That is a good way to find out, I don鈥檛 know much about them but I have heard that some of those tests give more information than others so if you don鈥檛 want just like a group of dog breeds I would try to get one of the specific ones you will have to do research or ask on here what one does what because I鈥檓 not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Just my two cents but save your money on DNA test. We had one done on our chi mix baby....75% chihuahua and the rest shitzu. Her body is long and she has a curly tail so we think the results are way off.

Premium Member
i think its probably a lovely mix =) but i don't know very sure鈥 She is very pretty too! Best Regards

Registered
Hi there 馃憢馃徎 I have a new puppy, she was born 02/27/20. I was told she is chihuahua but the vet definitely thinks she鈥檚 terrier. What do you think?

I love her no matter what she is but would love to know what personality traits she may have. She definitely doesn鈥檛 act all chi!

Thank you.
Carly

View attachment 56152 View attachment 56153 View attachment 56154

Thank you.
Carly

View attachment 56152 View attachment 56153 View attachment 56154
She is adorable. I think she is probably a Chi/terrier mix. I would definitely get a DNA test. When I adopted my little one, we were told he was a Pekingese/pug mix. The longer I had him, the more I suspected there was no pug in him, but possibly, Chihuahua. I bought a Wisdom Panel DNA test and sure enough, it came back that he鈥檚 1/2 Pekingese, 1/4 Chi and 1/4 unknown terrier group. His personality is completely Chihuahua, feisty, territorial, active and playful and completely charming. Recently, I had a chance to buy another brand DNA test on sal, so i went for it, just for fun, to see if it confirmed the first. Sure enough, 1/2 Pekingese, 1/4 Chi, 1/4 Llasa Apso/unknown Terrier group. :)
3B6C1F3D-B1E4-47FF-A62A-BEE32BB9E466.jpeg
68859B20-7639-4E11-A84C-933916A763B5.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts