Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who know and have followed my Roo's LP surgery, I have an appointment set up for next Wednesday to have her pins removed now. I'm so stressed about - I'm such a worry wart by nature. :( Please wish my little girl luck that all goes smoothly. They'll take an xray and assess her legs (she had both back legs operated on) and then remove the pins.

Her hair has *finally* grown back and now they have to shave her legs again. Sigh. I'm going to ask them to shave as minimally as possible this time. As in only her legs! Last time they shaved some of her back and bum too, pfft. Totally unnecessary and since she has alopecia I worry about it growing back. She has so little as it is.

Anyway, here's some pics of her with her hair grown back. :) Last pics I posted she was all bald and sad from her op.

A few random outside pics from awhile back when I was still keeping her leashed outside.

Guarding the house. lol.

Peas wish me wuck next week ebrebuddy!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I love her. You know that! She and Ruby look so much alike to me! Ruby even has that same marking on her chest.
SOOOOO glad to see her feeling and looking so much better. Just think how much more comfortable she will be without the pins. That will help you feel better about it!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Love both of you dogs !
Roo is precious, it's so hard to think of her suffering.
Bless her tiny soul - I hope she's trouble free forever :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love her. You know that! She and Ruby look so much alike to me! Ruby even has that same marking on her chest.
SOOOOO glad to see her feeling and looking so much better. Just think how much more comfortable she will be without the pins. That will help you feel better about it!
Thank you so much, Karen! She is doing awesome, back to being her sweet and joyful self. I hate to put her through something else, but both the ortho and my vet feel the pins have done their job and it's best to remove them. It's very easy to feel them and it's obvious they bother her. Thankfully it's a short procedure and then she'll be back to normal. :)

Love both of you dogs !
Roo is precious, it's so hard to think of her suffering.
Bless her tiny soul - I hope she's trouble free forever :)
Aw thank you so much, Alan! Me too! Hopefully this is the last of it. :) She is truly the sweetest, best natured little girl, it really breaks my heart to have to take her in again, but I know it's for the best. I will be so glad when it's over though.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
When I broke my ankle, I had to have some screws removed. They did it under a local so I was able to watch. Well, they walked over with a large philips head screwdriver and took them out. I was in hysterics, laughing, all I could think of was most people get screwed, I get unscrewed. (Yes, I have a weird sense of humor) It was like I was a cabinet or something. Roo should be fine, it only took a few minutes to take out my screws, I would think rods would be the same. They have to shave so much as you really don't want some hair, which is full of strep and other organisms, to get into the wound. Skin can be sterilized, hair cannot. Best of luck on her surgery.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roo is just gorgeous!
Thank you! She's my little sweetheart. :)

When I broke my ankle, I had to have some screws removed. They did it under a local so I was able to watch. Well, they walked over with a large philips head screwdriver and took them out. I was in hysterics, laughing, all I could think of was most people get screwed, I get unscrewed. (Yes, I have a weird sense of humor) Roo should be fine, it only took a few minutes to take out my screws, I would think rods would be the same. They have to shave so much as you really don't want some hair, which is full of strep and other organisms, to get into the wound. Best of luck on her surgery.
Thank you so much for the well wishes. :) Yikes on watching the screws be removed - LOL at the screwed bit! :D Were the screws bothering you? Is that why they removed them or was it standard procedure? Oh and I totally understand they have to shave her legs, I just hope they don't shave half way up her back like the did last time. I had never seen that before with LP surgery, seemed extreme.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They removed the two that were on the top on my foot/end of my leg that was stabilizing everything. I was not allowed to put any weight on my foot until the screws came out. I still have two more screws in on the side of my ankle holding that part together. I can feel the screws under my skin, they bother me every once and a while. Doc said that if gets too bothersome, he will see about taking them out, too.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah I see. Gosh the things we don't have to go through. I hope they stop bothering you and that you won't have to have them removed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Roo Honey, you look so much happier and so pretty in your lovely harnesses and collars. You will be in my prayers when your pins are removed next week!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Roo is just a little lovebug...over the top cuteness...:)
Sending positive thoughts for a good outcome at her medical visit on Friday....

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Roo is an absolute doll! So happy to see/hear that she is doing better. : ) Try not to worry Mom. She'll be just fine. You are an awesome Chi Mom, and will see to it that she does fabulous! : )

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much for your well wishes everyone! I really appreciate it! :) xx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts