Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday was -17 windchill at night....it was INSANE. had to dress up the furballs to send out to do their business and caught a moment when they were playfighting after :)

and here's them nappins with momma yesterday mornin :]

·
Registered
106 Posts
AWESOME capture :D !!! When I scrolled down and seen KC cuddling the duckie (that's what I call all of my dogs' toys lol) and Dexter in the background I said out loud "aww my gawwwd" haha! Your dogs are so beautiful! x x x

Reactions: pigeonsheep

·
Registered
382 Posts
You poor people,I can't imagine -17 here in UK if it's - 5 at night everybody moans and hibernates,your heating bills must be enormous

Let us not confuse Fahrenheit (which we Americans employ for temperature measurement) with Celsius, which you Brits and Canadians use. -5 Celsius equals 23 Fahrenheit. -17 Fahrenheit, which is what was quoted as the windchill factor for the quaint Hamlet of Dexter's Furrybutt, New York, is equivalent to -27 Celsius. The actual temperature was probably closer to 0 Fahrenheit, or about -18 Celsius. That is why some of our Chihuahuas wear those delightful winter coats. Here in Hilton Head, South Carolina, which is near Savannah, Georgia, the coldest recent temperatures experienced by Simcha's furry butt have been 25 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a relatively temperate -4 degrees Celsius. With his warm little coat in place, he takes it all in stride.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AWESOME capture :D !!! When I scrolled down and seen KC cuddling the duckie (that's what I call all of my dogs' toys lol) and Dexter in the background I said out loud "aww my gawwwd" haha! Your dogs are so beautiful! x x x
hehe we call it duckie as well! thank you!!! love to take beautiful shots of these 2

You poor people,I can't imagine -17 here in UK if it's - 5 at night everybody moans and hibernates,your heating bills must be enormous
hey michele! it was soooo cold and today as well but not as bad since there's no crazy wind this time lol. yea the bill pretty much doubled this month.

Let us not confuse Fahrenheit (which we Americans employ for temperature measurement) with Celsius, which you Brits and Canadians use. -5 Celsius equals 23 Fahrenheit. -17 Fahrenheit, which is what was quoted as the windchill factor for the quaint Hamlet of Dexter's Furrybutt, New York, is equivalent to -27 Celsius. The actual temperature was probably closer to 0 Fahrenheit, or about -18 Celsius. That is why some of our Chihuahuas wear those delightful winter coats. Here in Hilton Head, South Carolina, which is near Savannah, Georgia, the coldest recent temperatures experienced by Simcha's furry butt have been 25 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a relatively temperate -4 degrees Celsius. With his warm little coat in place, he takes it all in stride.
hahahaha u like my location name huh lmao! ;) thank u for the xplanation! i never know hot to convert those measurements. and wow u are so lucky to only get that temp! when i was takin the kids out to do their business the snow/ice made it reall difficult to walk and was tough on dexter's paws as when he came in he was like walking with his legs more up than usual for a little bit until his fee warmed up. KC was fine though, she just ran in :laughing5:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a great action shot! Also this winter has made me so grateful that we left the North East. I have family in Boston still and from what we hear it is just getting absurd.
noooo u should've stayed! sheesh LOL :) yea its soooo cold and more snow tomorrow and rain sunday! ice....sigh! i keep dancin on my driveway

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Aww what a great action shot and the one of them sleeping is just too cute! As for -17F (-27C), poor you. I don't even think my chis would function in that weather. lol Being from Quebec, I'm very familiar with temperatures like that and wow I really don't miss it. It's inhumane. :laughing5:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts

I am at an age (old)when i was brought up with Fahrenheit,before we went over to Celsius.But they still use both on weather forecasts here in UK.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
You always take the best pictures! Love the action shot!! And chi sleepies are always the cutest! 😘
We had windchills -30 last week! Just walking through the hospital parking lot froze my toes!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
You have two of the most adorable Chihuahuas!

It's been really cold here, too. I've been trying to get Cuddles to use a puppy pad for now, till the weather warms up, but I don't think she quite understands that it's not a toy. I haven't even been comfortable with letting her out in such frigid temperatures, but maybe I'm just overprotective of my little girl. The wind chill was -15 to -20 last night, probably worse, since the actually temperature was -5 by 10 pm.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
How do you keep their feet from freezing? We had the same temps here in TN. I had a few scares with Midgie. I put her out to pee and she would act like she found a spot to go, but I guess her feet would start freezing and she'd go to the other side of the yard and back and forth. She never got to go and tried to make it back to the house when she collapsed in the yard wimpering. I ran out in my socks and grabbed her and warmed her feet up. She had her thundershirt on and a winter coat. I tried to make little booties out of a glove, but they just fell off her feet. I'll be so glad when all this cold weather is over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts