Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just after some re-assurance I guess......

On Sunday Pebbles vomitted up a round worm. It was weird because she was wormed a day before we got her, which was exactly 1 week & 2 days prior to this happening. So to be on the safe side I wormed her again with a puppy worming solution that is given over 2 days & wormed the others a couple days early too. I have been watching her poo ever since & I haven't seen a single sign of worms in it. :confused:

OH said maybe she just had one worm, but I don't know. She is fine, eating drinking & being her usual crazy self and I am probably being an overprotective mum, but I just wanted to know what you guys thought?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If it were me i'd get a fecal sample to the vets and have them check it - vomiting up even one worm can be serious, and need professional veterinary strength treatment rather than something you can buy yourself. Its better to be safe than sorry!

·
Registered
201 Posts
hope you get it sorted cocco was ment to of been wormed when i got him but he had worms in his poo so i wormed him and nothing come out after so i left him then a week later he had worms in his poo again so a wormed him again and he pooed and there was so many worms i couldnt belive it

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Took Pebbles to the vet last night & they have given her a clean bill of health. Apparently it is not that uncommon for a puppy to vomit up a worm after worming????

To be on the safe side they gave her an allwormer tablet that is safe for puppies & I have one to repeat the worming in 2 weeks.

These little ones sure do scare us don't they? :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi yikes! that is so scary are you sure it was a worm im going to tell the vet to reworm bueter next week just in case thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, was definitely a worm, she vomitted it up right on my lap & it was still wriggling. I had to call OH to deal with it, it was just too gross :pukeright:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts