Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found round worms in my pit bull puppies poop. I'm worried Chili and my cat Bella may have gotten them from him. I'm taking the puppy for testing and treatment tomorrow morning but unfortunately won't have money until Tuesday to take Chili and Bella for testing. How much time do the worms need before they hurt my babies if they have them also?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
A lot depends on the type of worm. Also, the level of contagiousness depends on the worm.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like round worms. I know they are highly contagious I just don't want them to hurt my animals since I can only take one for treatment tomorrow ( the dog that I know definitely has it) and the others have to wait until Tuesday. I'm just hoping the other ones will come up negative

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Why not just de-worm all 3 at home. You can buy a all in one wormer at pet stores and tractor supply or feed store for around 15.00 and it will be enough to do all 3.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Please make sure you worm your human children too.

I'm always at a loss to understand why Americans rush their animals off to the vet at the first sign of worms and cost themselves a small fortune just to be told whether they do/don't have a batch - the nematodes must vary from continent to continent because over here it's basically a foregone conclusion that every dog, cat, bird, fish, in fact every living creature including man, woman & child has parasites in their bodies that need to be treated on a regular basis using the worming meds :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts